UK Politics Thread

1 Like

Sounds like Labour are going to manage to lose a seat to the Tories. Which is quite an achievement for the opposition to do in a by-election.

They should keep that piece of shit Nuttall out in Stoke, at least.

1 Like

Yeah, both happened.

2 Likes

You’ve got to be pretty fucking incompetent to lose a by-election to that shower of bastards, especially when they’re the government. And in a seat you’ve held for almost 100 years, too (admittedly, not always that comfortably).

I still don’t know whether to be more depressed by UK or US politics.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s quite something. Labour are fucked, aren’t they? Ukip not much better, thankfully, but we’re heading for tory nationalism at full speed with no opposition. They took us out of the EU and they’re being rewarded for it. The lords also passed the first reading with no amendments: EU nationals living here already? Get lost.

4 Likes

8 Likes

“reaping the whirlwind” comes to mind.

I’m sure his good friend Donnie will take him in if things get too hot, as consequences catch up with him.

3 Likes

Aww bless… maybe now you know a fraction of what it feels like for minorities since your vile, toxic party gave a greenlight to racist thugs everywhere, you pasty faced ham mannequin.

The sickening irony here is that now he has a job at fox news he’ll be an economic migrant.

5 Likes

Labour’s collapse among working-class voters is catastrophic – according to YouGov, only 16% would vote Labour now. That’s troubling enough for “the party of working people”, but it is made doubly damaging because, contrary to expectations, Ukip is not proving the main beneficiary. These voters are increasingly voting Conservative. After seven years of Tory austerity, Labour is 15 points behind the Tories among working-class likely voters, having been ahead in 2015.

Corbyn is now 36 points behind Theresa May as the preferred prime minister among working-class voters.

thisisfine.gif

1 Like

Fuck you, George Freeman.

I’m almost certainly not at risk, but that’s not the point.

7 Likes

I think the scary thing might be that not having Corbyn as leader wouldn’t make a difference. Maybe Owen Smith might not be as far behind the tories as Corbyn, but I can’t see him, or any of the other leadership candidates, being ahead.

I couldn’t see myself voting for labour with any of them as leader, although I can’t see myself voting for labour with Corbyn acting like he is either.

Maybe I really should be joining the SPGB, and trying to get the angry vote to be in favour of abolishing government instead of goosestepping down the street. I just keep getting to that exam and feel incapable of doing it right then though.

3 Likes
6 Likes
1 Like

*rolls up sleeves

*reads thread

*rolls down sleeves

*cries a little

4 Likes

Guess Ken Clarke is the father of the house now.

1 Like

If nothing else, the way that UKIP hate the only person in their party capable of winning an election amuses me.

3 Likes

It would be frigging hilarious if the damage weren’t already done.

4 Likes

There is that, yeah.

1 Like

The amount of times Ukip have looked like they were about to break apart means that I can only imagine the party as a big ball of gaffer tape.

Looks like it is time for someone to patch them up again, although I obviously think it is well past the time we should have disposed of them.

1 Like

Pleased about this, even though i’m fundamentally opposed to an unelected house of lords but they’ve been known to curb the excesses of the commons before.

Oh and the fightback against the appalling investigatory powers act begins…

4 Likes