Ukraine was focus of Trump 'promise' in whistleblower complaint

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/19/ukraine-was-the-focus-of-a-tru.html

How ‘high crimes and misdemeanors’ can it get?

5 Likes

Husband of the Kellyanne seems to think it has to do with getting Ukraine to dig into Biden.

Who the hell knows?

…Yeah, thanks, I’ll have another shot. Keep ‘em coming…

18 Likes

The first rule of crisis management is to get all the bad news out at once so you can give your version of the facts. Drump always does the opposite. He goes into cover-up mode and the rumors drag on for months. The guy never learns.

4 Likes

It’s worked for him so far.

17 Likes

welly-welly-well, my droogies…

5 Likes

Once this nightmare is over, the members of the permanent bureaucracy who’ve stayed on through the previous years and tried to keep things running despite this overgrown adolescent and his coterie of hatemongers and vandals being in charge should be given some sort of meritorious service award.

33 Likes

for “fake dirt on biden”?

2 Likes

This just in - Giuliani went full Colonel Jessup with Chris Cuomo on CNN tonight. Denied asking Ukraine to investigate Biden, then not 20 seconds later said “Of course I did!”

28 Likes

Colonel Jessup or Captain Queeg?

5 Likes

Possibly fitting, although I very much hope not; I recall that the end of ‘A Clockwork Orange’ involved two self-serving dishonest sleazy characters coming to an agreement and benefiting greatly from that agreement.

4 Likes

may have something to do with Giuliani wanting to dig up more dirt on this story. Which… why the F is Hunter Biden on the board of a ukranian Oligarch’s gas company?? https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/05/biden-ukrainian-gas-company

I dunno man, but can we just NOT with Joe Biden as the nominee. I’m sick of all of this. Because you know this is gonna be a liability and add to the Whataboutism coming from the right up to election day.

16 Likes

But it says “high crimes AND misdemeanors.” There have been no misdemeanors, so its just a bunch of jealous haters who won’t admit that Trump is the greatest president ever.
(it’s been a long day, or maybe I’m just sick of all the winning)

12 Likes

Wonkette has it, I think: Trump offered to stop blocking military aid to Ukraine if Ukraine would ratfuck Biden.

7 Likes

It’s this from justsecurity.org that gets me: So, after years of U.S. support to strengthen Ukraine as a potential democratic example in the former Soviet Union, that country finally has a president and a majority of members in Parliament who seem serious about tackling corruption. Is the U.S. president really sending a signal now that he will turn his back on Ukraine because its new leaders refuse an American invitation to corruption?

17 Likes
1 Like

13 Likes

I don’t think he’s sending a signal. I think he’s just spinning the President’s Dirty Friends rolodex and jabbing his tiny fingers in at random. A day or so ago people had all sorts of suggestions of which lucky country may get a new Trump Hotel. We seem to have settled on the Ukraine. Home of Holodomor. Just our kind of guys, right?

…but a signal is probably being received.

4 Likes

Besides which, Trump managed to find someone somewhere on the planet that apparently believed a Trump “promise” hahahahahahaha. Greatest president ever fer shur

7 Likes

I think the call it “hazard pay.” The White House has become a hazard post. Stupid timeline.

6 Likes

Is it still a crime for Trump to promise something to a foreign leader if EVERYONE knows he never keeps his promises?

8 Likes