Ultra-rich people in NYC demand apartments with (gasp) driveways

They’re so tender from all the massages!

5 Likes

“There’s also a less concrete allure to motor courts…”

Haha! Please tell me that was on purpose.

4 Likes

Again, I’m torn.

The Steve Jobs’ and Elon Musks and Sergey Brins of the world- People who start from little or nothing, have great ideas, work hard, and earn their fortunes by advancing the rest of the world- I’m perfectly happy to let them enjoy whatever luxurious indulgences they can afford.

It’s the Waltons and Bushes and Kochs that had wealth and power handed to them, and used it to continue to fuck up the world for their own benefit. Those are the people I feel like we should be angry at.

11 Likes

Why so angry?

I knew it would only be a matter of time before I saw Pot Shots on here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is the most unlistenable country song I’ve heard in my life

3 Likes

You get an airtight garage, and you get an airtight garage, and…you too get an airtight garage.
Batman Villain (all the characters, really) have up and become AT&T properties by some measures, so handing out alt-press setpieces is next. Who wants their own secret entrance and enclave in public library? Deep seafront? How about just behind pop-up art waterfalls? Seveneves bits? You there with a mere $4B foundation, how about a widescreen laptop you pop out of at the destination?

9 Likes

I’d find it a lot easier to be mad if I wasn’t intimately aware that my standing among the world 1% ($35K+) is mostly because I’ve had wealth and power handed to me. It just seems a tad… convenient… that greed starts just a little above my current level of (relatively) unearned wealth.

[Edit: wasn’t → “is mostly because”. Oops.]

7 Likes

I’d take your word for it, but I’m not so certain about your source. After all, if you (and now us) know about it, statistically, it’s likely several thousand other people do as well, and what are the odds that not one of them would sell such a delicious story to the papers…

haha yeah, make it political why don’t you.

1 Like

Car elevators that go down are so passe. You need one that brings your car up to your apartment to make it NYC-worthy.

4 Likes

3 weeks a year? sounds like there needs to be an “art project” involving homeless people living there for the other 49 weeks.

6 Likes

This dude exists to shoo away the plebs.

6 Likes

there was an nyc car elevator in live and let die

Like Trump?

8 Likes

Right? They probably haven’t even heard of a rooftop gyrocopter runway.

5 Likes

Oh, I assure you London also has tacky and paranoid Chinese, Qatari, Saudi, and British arrivistes. One might almost think there was some connection between obscene amounts of money and bad behaviour.

6 Likes

Totally okay.

The legality of underground expansion is a bit of a grey area, presumably why the disgustingly rich keep caving in the streets around them with these ‘iceberg’ developments.

Many of them end up below the water table and requiring constant pumping to stay dry, so they’ll be inadequate even as bunkers when society collapses under the strain of their excessive, demonstrative wastefulness.

7 Likes

Isn’t that Tunt Manor?

7 Likes