Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke's daughter Maya cast in 'Stranger Things 3'

Hopefully her run lasts longer than Will Smith’s son’s in The Get Down.

Reading the description, it brought up the issue - they carefully cast people to evoke that decade and frame their announcements likewise. So when I read that, I did initially, seriously think, “Wait, are they setting it in the '90s?” Before realizing that it couldn’t possibly be true. Yet.

3 Likes

But… tell me why? :wink:

3 Likes

I’m thinking it’s more like this:

1 Like

I was in Junior High in that year in California and i don’t remember that much androgyny, but your suggestion still makes more sense than the thing* i was able to find in user-edited Urban Dictionary. I still think either is more likely than @Mindysan33’s suggestion that @Scott_Robles was referring to an ancient greek physician. :wink:
Only Mr. Robles can tell us for sure.

* An entry i suspect was put in there as an in joke between a small group of people.

1 Like

ehhhh wasn’t much to miss, really

Or the 3rd season simply is set 7-10 years later.

We’ll see. If they do that, they’ll have to recast all of the kids, though.

1 Like

Great genes.

1 Like

I hope not. Those kids are exactly my cohort and, for the first time ever, I’m enjoying reliving middle school.

2 Likes

Maybe they’ve used the word ‘alternative’ in a different context as in, ‘an alternative character type’ rather than a reference to music.

Look, I guess I’ve been living under a rock, but I did not know Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke had a daughter, much less were once in a relationship. Wikipedia has corrected me, but I was completely unaware.

I mean, I guess, but what would that mean?

oh wow… the responses i’m just now seeing.

“Andron” was a term we used in central Texas (and in other places i’ve heard the term) for the androgynous “new waver”. i suppose in the late '90s they might’ve been called a “swirly goth”.

we had 4 basic food groups: Punks, Death Rockers, Skins, and Androns.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.