Unassuming home features bizarre theme room with no obvious purpose

I can’t imagine what the “cave” room could be used for, everything that i can think of would require some amount of cleaning that would make the existing setup a pain to deal with. Could be a grow room for certain types of plants but why make all of the surfaces so uneven? and you’d likely use planters. Can’t be a reptile room because then you’d have to clean up after them if they’re just freely soiling the room.

Uhhh… maybe some kind of weird zen/meditation room? Maybe?? This is the only weird but plausible option.

3 Likes

Who did say it was made for humans?

15 Likes

OOoooo! What a perfect room to build a model train in. Or a LEGO village. Or … both!

14 Likes
11 Likes

Forget the master bedroom - they have decided the “sports room” downstairs and all the other things are so important that they have the washer and dryer sitting in the open in their kitchen.

Couldn’t take a corner of the sex sauna? A small closet next to the pool table? Nah - how about relatively close to the stove!

6 Likes
5 Likes

9 Likes

I was thinking Shadow Warrior.

I mean honestly I don’t hate it, it’s like a budget villain’s lair.

Could be fun to record sound in the weird carpet dungeon.

4 Likes

I dunno. I grew up in a split-level ranch house that had a washer/dryer combo in the downstairs bathroom (the semi-submerged level) off the den. I’ve always thought the folks in Europe who have their washer/dryer in the kitchen or bathroom were rather practical. However, I would think a house this size would necessitate a mud room/dog wash/laundry all in the same place.

6 Likes

The décor in there is all about worship of sports & money. So bleak.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m not saying the washer/dryer in the open is a bad thing because sometimes that’s what space requires for us normal people…but if your house has 11,000 square feet and includes a cave room and what looks to be an absolutely massive downstairs fun room…you can fence off a tiny corner for these items.

7 Likes

No doubt. Sooo much impractically wasted space in that home, IMHO.

6 Likes

Pretty sure that’s a Hot Chicks room:

4 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

3 Likes

Definitely giving Khufu Pyramid unfinished chamber vibes.

13 Likes

If this is a basement room, and it looks like it, then one theory: rather than dig the rest of dirt and rock out they just (hopefully) sealed it up with a layer of weatherproof paint and then put carpet on top.

A hippie solution.

2 Likes

My sister (who is an architect) theorized it may be a sensory stimulation room for an autistic child.

13 Likes

Surprised GIF by ION

10 Likes

That was my thought. Especially if it’s got sufficient padding for the floors and walls. “Crash pads” and “Crash mats” are popular for some kids. They could make the carpet removable for cleaning.

3 Likes

Have you seen how far Nappanee is from just about everything?

3 Likes