Under court order, Arizona county officials certify election results

Originally published at: Under court order, Arizona county officials certify election results | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Look at that! Haboobs.

17 Likes

That’s not what I’ve seen reported. In fact, your own linked article says the exact opposite:

30 Likes

yep! It’s actually never about winning this election, it’s about undermining all elections

24 Likes

Which would have just been the most spectacular cherry on top of the most devastating midterm thumping of my lifetime. That or Boebert losing, but I’ll take her suffering for a week or two as a consolation prize.

18 Likes

Somebody here needs a long time out to contemplate what they’ve done and maybe learn some shame. I am thinking 20 years would be about right?

24 Likes

“I am not ashamed of anything I did,”

People who say they are proud to have broken electoral law should be barred from any and all involvement in any future election (tempted to say, that includes voting, but maybe not…)

30 Likes

“I am not ashamed of anything I did,” said Supervisor Peggy Judd, one of the two Republicans who twice blocked certification

…as she became the latest member of the GOP to use the party’s new official motto.

23 Likes

Yeah, that’s ahem right up there w/merkin von bankrupt’s statement re: his blatant mal- and mishandling of the plague crisis, and directly causing thousands of deaths:

“I don’t take responsibility at all.”

I find myself wondering how many gazillions of times von bankrupt has said that line.

As far as this absolute shower in AZ, well done the judge, but
what-took-you-so-long

15 Likes

Deep red county doesn’t like that its citizens overwhelmingly voted for Republican candidates? (Not an exaggeration, margins were +16-20% in the various races.)

I still don’t get it…

14 Likes

As the sole sane supervisor explained, concern over Cochise County was just a charade, and the true intent was to protest Maricopa County, which is far less red than Cochise. Still, just as illogical as disenfranchising your own constituents.

15 Likes

That should be the last thing juries hear just before they go into deliberation.

18 Likes

When NO lawyer will take your case, you know you done fucked up…

26 Likes

“Literally shameless.”

12 Likes

Has Rudy been disbarred?

(Just thinking that if one were scraping the bottom of the barrel he would be there)

8 Likes

… uh @beschizza I don’t think this is correct

AFAICT it was a mindless protest against the process, not a plot to achieve a specific outcome

Tiny Republican hamlet can’t overturn a Democratic victory by disenfranchising itself

14 Likes

article without a paywall

13 Likes

If everyone could cast one vote no matter what, people like this wouldn’t matter so much.

9 Likes

It should be Blue.

4 Likes

Thank you! I was just going to point out the same thing. Looks like Beschizza skimmed the headline of the article and then just jumped to his own conclusion.

1 Like