Under Trump, immigrants who serve in the armed forces are finding it harder to attain citizenship than those who do not serve

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/16/mavni-rip.html

2 Likes

So military service doesn’t guarantee citizenship? I’d like to know more.

16 Likes

Pretty consistent with the US’s general soldiers are suckers policy.

23 Likes

I would expect nothing less from Cadet Bone Spurs :neutral_face:

10 Likes

Wait, what? The Russian President of the US, Donny Two Burgers would never do such a thing…

5 Likes

This just goes along with the “stripping citizenship from children of married gay parents” and “re-legalizing FGM.” Great damn day. Just great.

10 Likes

I swear, this administration can’t go more than six hours without taking a shit on people less fortunate than themselves. It’s all they live for.

11 Likes

The GOP stands in direct opposition to all the values they pretend to espouse.

8 Likes

ding ding ding ding. you win a prize!

I’m sorry to inform you that the Trump administration has canceled all prizes.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Donald Trump: Making America Worse since 2016!

3 Likes

The rot is spreading to the rest of the world.

2 Likes

Gratitude – another commonplace human virtue which The Donald is completely ignorant of.

3 Likes

Switch hitters wielding corked bats.

2 Likes

I’m angry, so I don’t want to laugh at this, but dammit, it is funny. Damn you. And I’m still angry that those who signed up aren’t being treated the way they should be.

1 Like

Immigrant? Don’t ask; Don’t tell.

I know just the guy.

1 Like

Maybe they just need to enlist in “Space Force” (to go fight the space pirates/bugs/whatever)?

140tle

So unfair to blame Trump. Our leaders’ disrespect for and abuse of vets is a very old story. This is just Donnie putting his shitty touch on what’s long time policy.

So train people to become elite soldiers. Put them in the way of significant harm, brutally using them in service to the US, while the president publicly demonizes all undocumented immigrants. Asking them to sacrifice themselves in ways that he laughingly dodged with his privilege. And then exile them and their families.

Trump talks about central casting. This is how you recruit people to be terrorists.

2 Likes