Undercover with a prepper militia that patrols the border to fight "drug cartels"

What a weird, fucked up game of pretend. I think most preteen boys do some light, harmless version of this at some point. Sad that these guys are still stuck at that stage.

2 Likes

I’m honestly just wondering if and when one thing will happen, patterned off of similar instances in the region, specifically:

• The US Army controls significant amounts of real estate in the region, for training exercises and whatnot.
  • Sometimes these areas go unused for extended periods of time.
  • Seeing the empty unused area, meth gangs move in.
  • Army reuses area.
  • Meth gangs open fire on people they don’t know “on their turf”
  • Meth gangs find out why its a bad idea to pick fights with people trained to win fights.

Replace “meth gang” with “prepper militia” and, yeah. I’m half-tempted to start a betting pool.

3 Likes

The problem is, most training grounds aren’t live ammunition zones.

So the wannabe warriors will have the live ammo and GI Joe/Jane will have a difficult time getting their purple heart. (See Nidal Hasan and the Ft Hood shooting)

1 Like

I went through the entire article, I didn’t see the work “prepper” mentioned once, only in your title. There’s a difference between preppers who are ready for hurricanes, blizzards etc, and these guys.

when it comes to militarism the US (6. place for GDP/capita) loves to compare itself to developed and civilised countries like Mexico (62.), Russia (63.) and Nigeria (124.).

Hungary (56.), to name an European example, has a similar active militia: right-wing extremists are at the moment rather deadly for LEOs (a bomb attack a few weeks ago, last Wednesday a nazi shot dead a policeman and injured a second) and Orban and his goverment are mostly ignoring this. the right-wings fulfill an important function for Orban’s xenophobic plans and ideas.

GDP / capita is certainly a strange measure, since #1 in the world, Qatar, is really no one’s idea of a “civilized” country, being a fairly rigid Islamist autocracy.

But that being said, you’ve got vigilante groups in FInland (#27)

Austria (#17)

The Netherlands (#12)

And of course Germany, Switzerland, Sweden - even island nations like Australia and the UK. And I can promise you if Libya and Tunisia’s borders directly connected with Greece and Italy, there’d be that many more of them.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.