Underhill Solid Cologne inspires adventure and investigation

… and the laser engraved cherrywood, magnets and oxhorncrap is relevant for the Cologne part of the product? Am I supposed to rub the oxhorn over my body to enhance the smell?

Yes, and then you have to perform the mating call of the North American Sasquatch. There’s also a dance.

6 Likes

I think they’re relevant for the uniquely weirdly cool part of the product, which, of course, YMMV.

I’m unsure what relevance a strip of oxhorn has to a Hobbity sort of scent case, but I’m sure it has some sort of deep meaning to Tyler Deeb.

Don’t get my hopes up - I live in Europe, no steamy Sasquatch is going to show up, isn’t it?

Well i tweeted at them and thus far have gotten ignored. Could send them an email to their site inquiring about getting a scented sample, but i dunno.

Re lid motto:

…the moments which that are given us.

I earned this pedant’s pendant, dammit!

5 Likes

Update. Heard back and the answer is no samples. So it’ll be a hard pass for me.

1 Like

That’s from the film anyway. Does not appear in the books, (although it’s been a few years since I read them last).

1 Like

“So do I,” said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/12357-i-wish-it-need-not-have-happened-in-my-time

At least I don’t have to correct Tolkien’s grammar, which would not go well for me.

2 Likes

Is this what you wear to inspire a little man to throw his ring into Mount Doom?

2 Likes

Well I stand corrected, thank you. I have been sitting on a nice stash of Alan Lee illustrated LOTR and Hobbit hardbacks (and a beautiful atlas compendium of M.E. and the stories) for a nice chilly fall reread (with slippers/hot chai/ and cat breaks). Fall is for Tolkien, Lovecraft, Poe. It’s been quite some time since I’ve read them, looking forward very much to revisiting Middle Earth. :unicorn:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 176 days. New replies are no longer allowed.