Understanding is a three-edged sword

You are more polite than I in this case. I was thinking more of A Clockwork Orange viewing session

Or just keep promising the kale and craft beer but finally telling them that it ran out.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Hey now! Spoiling Garibaldi’s sex change??!? What are you thinking!!

:smiling_imp:

I’m still trying to slog through the reconstructed episodes of Doctor Who, so I don’t think I’ll be able to join in a re-watch. I did kind of lose interest (in B5) when things foundered a bit in season 5 after the rushed tying up of plot threads, though, so I’ve still got a bit more to watch…

4 Likes

Come on. Can you really think of anyone who deserves this?

Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

8 Likes

Relevant:

2 Likes

I have begun to watch the first series and am going to go about half-way through before forming opinions.

Obviously, the whole rigmarole recently has given my pause for thought concerning participation… but I’m probably not going anywhere permanently.

I’m excited for a new viewer to an awesome show, and look forward to your review. The first half of the first season is by far the weakest, but “A sky full of stars” and “Pariament of Dreams” and “signs and portents” are episodes that will give you a real taste of what’s to come.

The first season finale, “Chrysalis”, is one of the better season finale’s, as well.

2 Likes

It’s got me watching… I went through the first 2?3? seasons on Hulu as it was on just as I moved to Seattle and never at a time I could get to seeing it.

1 Like

Spoiler for The Gathering:

Kosh Vader did it, in the airlock, with a Minbari.

2 Likes

Sinclair: That’s quite a viewer. I’ve never seen anything like it before. What is it?
Kosh: Efficient.

2 Likes

I had forgotten how much I like Mr. Garabaldi as a character.

3 Likes

He doesn’t go through the same transformation Londo does, but Garibaldi has some pretty amazing character development as well. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

One sad thing is the pilot/prequel movie isn’t on the site.

I know. :frowning:

Best option, I guess?

1 Like

“By G’Quan, I can’t recall the last time I was in a fight like that. No moral
ambiguity, no … hopeless battle against ancient and overwhelming forces.
They were the bad guys, as you say, we were the good guys. And they made
a very satisfying thump when they hit the floor.”
“It’s wrong for the strong to prey on the weak. That idea was the very heart
of the Round Table. To correct injustice, to promote a society of laws, not
arms.”
Well said!”
That is the purpose which God and the Crown have set before me. I can not
achieve that locked away in some room.”
No, of course not! What room?”
“I sense in you a warrior born.”
– G’Kar and Arthur in Babylon 5:“A Late Delivery from Avalon”

3 Likes

I am just done with season 4… now… it was an interesting wrap up for sure. Need to get onto season 5 soon.

1 Like

Season 5 starts slowly because they had rushed the end of the shadow war in case there wasn’t a season 5 (not as slowly as season 1, though).

Thankfully the end of the season makes up for it, with the filling in of Londo’s story, Gnat and Lyta’s stories, Lennier, and of course the station itself (and the incredible finale.)

1 Like

Vir Cotto has passed beyond our galaxy’s rim, in search of greener pastures:

2 Likes

Oh for…

He will be missed.

I have to quote JMS here:

Of the main cast, we have lost Richard Biggs, Michael O’Hare, Andreas Katsulas, Jeff Conaway, and now Jerry Doyle, and I’m goddamned tired of it.

So dear sweet universe, if you are paying attention in the vastness of interstellar space, take a moment from plotting the trajectory of comets and designing new DNA in farflung cosmos, and spare a thought for those who you have plucked so untimely from our ranks…and knock it off for a while.

Because this isn’t fair.

On Stephen specifically:

3 Likes

Damn it, another one gone too early. That show is cursed.

I loved vir, he seemed to be the only decent person surrounded by schemers and manipulators but really had his own game plan and quite the dark side…

Spoiler warning.

2 Likes