Unemployment claims in US jump to 965,000, highest since August

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/14/unemployment-claims-in-us-jump-to-965000-highest-since-august.html

2 Likes

In other news…

The chasm between the rich and poor, the employed and unemployed, is gigantic and getting bigger every day. Hopefully Biden can wrangle out a stimulus plan to help people in need ASAP.

6 Likes

I really don’t understand why people are putting up with this. I’m fortunately able to WFH being a software dev. My wife and I are treading water, but haven’t missed bills (yet). There is bound to be a breaking point soon, and when it comes I hope it isn’t pretty. Like France in the late 1700s’.

4 Likes

K-shape Recovery 2: Capitalist Boogaloo.

2 Likes

What is thoroughly infuriating about this is how everyone acts shocked. This is as predictable as the insurrection. There have been no signs of permanent recovery. And there won’t be for a long, long time.

2 Likes

Frightening how so many equate the stock market as being the economy, when the stock market is just the mechanism by which wealth is extracted from the economy.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.