๐ŸŒˆ Unicorn Chasers 3 ๐ŸŒˆ

Photographer Ken Wiele โ€“

I laugh when I look at this shot - one in a million chance of capturing the precise moment when these birds are locked in eye to eye!

Out in my boat fishing one morning, I noticed that an eagle was being harassed by a blue jay on the shoreline next to my cabin. The blue jayโ€™s relentless attacks were only mildly irritating to the eagle. The big birdโ€™s facial expression was one of pure disdain. Jays are fiercely territorial - the eagle had perched near the jayโ€™s nest and the jay was determined to protect its young.

My boat floated closer and closer to the skirmish and I knew that I might be able to capture a special moment if I just kept shooting. I love the image for so many reasons. The eagle is protecting its most valuable secret weapon - its eyes - by sliding a thin membrane over its eye just as the jay flies by. The jay is executing a ninja move as it makes its escape. And I love the way the image illustrates the sheer contrast in size between the enormity of the eagleโ€™s body and the small silhouette of the blue jay.

Iโ€™ll always be thankful that I was in the right spot at the right time.

23 Likes

My friend got a new Dalmatian.

16 Likes

16 Likes

22 Likes

Tailor

17 Likes

Young Topaz was drinkinโ€™ from the bathtub tap.

Dunno what that strange black line is. Heโ€™s so weird, he may well have generated some ectoplasm. tophat-shrug

14 Likes

15 Likes

Oh darn, maybe that wonโ€™t work. Itโ€™s a teacher and student doing the veggie dance together.

11 Likes

8 Likes

15 Likes

15 Likes
12 Likes

Happy Earth Day!

17 Likes

Bonus: all the cats at this cafe are adoptable!

19 Likes

A heavy rainbow, but awwww! :hugs:

13 Likes
17 Likes

17 Likes
19 Likes

@Mindysan33

Mega BUN ALERT!

14 Likes

18 Likes