Uniformed North Carolina deputy led armed white vigilantes to black teen's house

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/12/uniformed-north-carolina-deput.html

17 Likes

Jordan Kita, a detention officer with the New Hanover Sheriff’s Office

The guy was a jailer, not even a patrolman. Fucking people…

31 Likes

If this follows the usual outline, Mr. Kita will be hired as an LEO in an adjacent county by the end of the month.

35 Likes

As much as I agree with the cool vibes of the anarchist bookstore owner a couple posts ago who doesn’t want the thief punished, I want to see law enforcement who abuse their power thrown in jail for life. They have much more power than the average citizen and need to be held to much higher standards, and abuse like this is a sign that they’re incredibly dangerous and willing to abuse their authority. They need to be removed from society the same way a serial killer would, not for punishment necessarily, but to make sure they can’t hurt anyone ever again, because someone like this absolutely will.

43 Likes

Read about this elsewhere, apparently the neighborhood was predominantly white and the mob was looking for a different black kid but ended up at this persons house. One of the main reasons this kid didn’t get mobbed was because his mom heard her son get upset and came down, she took over the conversation and distracted them long enough until cops came.

The whole situation is crazy but i’m glad the kid and his family are ok

52 Likes

Talk to anyone - even cops. Correctional officers are the lowest of the low.

7 Likes

Of course. They are known more for how easily corrupted they are than doing their intended jobs.

3 Likes

The new pattern, same as the old one: armed white men with police connections setting out to lynch black people, with no arrests made until a fuss ensues.

Indeed

16 Likes

Dude! That’s what the robes are for!

13 Likes

19 Likes

I’m rarely disappointed when I misread uniformed as “uninformed.”

25 Likes

That’s honestly even more messed up. If they were looking for him, specifically, then they should have simply called the police. But they weren’t even looking for him? They just decided he’d do well enough because he’s the right skin colour? That’s some KKK shit right there.

17 Likes

His family will be hounded forever now by gun-toting loonies and crackpots. Just terrible.

2 Likes

They had to be ‘convinced’ that they had the wrong house; some of them finally figured it out by the big ass sign in the front yard, congratulating Dameon Shepard on graduating high school.

25 Likes

They thought he was someone else, kid kept saying they had the wrong person but they wouldnt take his word for it and were asking to be let inside to sort things out. He tried to close the door but Racist #1 was holding the door open with his foot. Which is when the kid’s mom came downstairs and put a stop to it. Regardless of the details you are right, it’s some fucked up KKK shit.

Edit: what might’ve been worse is what would’ve happened if they got the right house or if they were looking for that particular kid.

23 Likes

Ditto. I read the headline as “Uninformed officer…” but it still makes sense. More so, in fact. And also equally accurate, so either way works.

11 Likes

The new pattern, same as the old one: armed white men with police connections setting out to lynch black people, with no arrests made until a fuss ensues.

I don’t think in the old pattern that there was ever an arrest

2 Likes

There were only marginal negative consequences this time around, because the story went viral.

16 Likes

23 Likes

Love me some RATM, they’ve always been relevant but more so now than ever

17 Likes