Unintentional pet camouflage

Originally published at: Unintentional pet camouflage | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Who says it’s unintentional? We have a mostly white dog who prefers to lie on a mostly white rug. We have a calico cat who likes to lie on a shaggy orange imitation leopard-skin rug, which matches her fur perfectly. The dog with the dark fur prefers dark dog-beds. That is just the three we currently have. All creatures will gravitate to surfaces that resemble the colours they bear. It’s natural self-preservation. I’ve seen it again and again, with a dozen cats I’ve known through the years. Unintentional? Pfft!

10 Likes

My dog blends in with the pub floor nicely.
I do claim that’s why we got the little chameleon.

9 Likes

This Magical Mop Moves on Its Own - Neatorama

16 Likes

I also had a cat who liked to sit in the linen closet shelves. Once, my gf and I noticed the closet door open, and closed it.
Hours later, we came back from some chores and needed a towel, and he was in there.
No complaints, no meows. Just woke up from his nap and went on his way.

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s usually intentional, in my experience. In this case, s**t-disturbing junior cat camouflaged as winter boots to ambush older, very much far-sighted, senior cat.

2 Likes

Not my dog, but my parent’s doodle colour matches my carpet so perfectly, my phone thinks the picture on the right is a photo of the dog (that’s a pepperette in the right photo, not poop).

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.