United Airlines denied a woman trying to fly with her emotional support peacock

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/31/united-airlines-denied-a-woman.html

2 Likes

So she was…
[puts on sunglasses]
…cock blocked?

:sunglasses:

47 Likes

I have stood next to these birds many many times.

THEY ARE REALLY LOUD.

25 Likes

It’s a FLIGHTLESS BIRD, y’all.

53 Likes

There were a bunch running around one of the castles I visited in Lisbon. It seemed they were treated more as pests (a la urban pigeon) than something special.

7 Likes

As God as my witness I thought peacocks could fly

33 Likes

Seriously…a peacock…an emotional support peacock?!?

Just take a Xanax and get on the plane dammit!!!

I know I am being callous on this, but how in the hell is the emotional support animal a PEACOCK?!

24 Likes

growing up we had them (running wild) around our yard/woods (they can actually survive outdoors in the winter in Wisconsin). They worked well as guards as they would loudly call out any time a car pulled into the driveway. So loud you could hear them inside the house.

11 Likes

b/c a xanax looks boring on instagram and she is a performance artist and williamsburg and q u i r k y

30 Likes

You will get no emotional support from one of those bastards. Mean and nasty they are.

24 Likes

Just dropped by Ventiko’s website. Oh dear. I’ll just say that their work is not to my taste.

2 Likes

Is this a reference to something? Because peacocks can definitely fly.

1 Like

So my emotional support hippopotamus isn’t gonna be there for me if I fly united?

17 Likes

To be honest I don’t literally mean take Xanax…more generically medicate yourself as most folks do when flying (prescriptions or alcohol I think is what most folks do).

I just am feeling that when you claim your support animal is a peacock…yeah, you’ve sort of lost me.

3 Likes

It must be hard to keep an eye on.
*rimshot

3 Likes

Oh, now I get it.

9 Likes

Can you say publicity stunt?

5 Likes

I ate a peacock once, it’s a long story fraught with debauchery, melancholy, and poor life choices.

21 Likes

For you or the bird?

18 Likes

I don’t kiss and tell.

18 Likes