Unsettling Kinder Egg commercial

Originally published at: Unsettling Kinder Egg commercial | Boing Boing

1 Like

Just be careful of the probic vent.

18 Likes

If you think that’s fun, turn on the captions and watch YouTube struggle to translate.

1 Like

4 Likes

Clearly a cautionary tale: you are what you eat.

1 Like

This is what happens when you smoke Gary Busey’s bathwater.

1 Like

It’s not quite as spontaneously weird as it appears. Looks to be based on, or at least very much inspired by, the version of the Humpty-Dumpty character portrayed by W.C. Fields in the 1933 Alice in Wonderland film. See:

1 Like

6 Likes

I’m sure I saw this ad on UK TV back in the 90s. People were calling out “Chocca Dooby” for years.

4 Likes

Don’t blame the ad agency creative department. Blame whatever higher-up(s) at Kinder who gave this nightmare permission to exist.

1 Like

Oh, so they were just following orders?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t equate ad agencies with Nazi stormtroopers and the Gestapo (gazpacho?), but questionable to bad to unintentionally ridiculous marketing decisions evidently abound… yet can be so easily be taken care of (sometimes unfortunately) by the product producer who has the final word.

Kinder owner: “This blobby deep in the uncanny valley gibbering head is brilliant… and children, especially, will love it! See the green light, you geniuses, you?”
Kinder owner’s children: [Quivering and cowering in the corner at home]

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.