This is one seriously bunk magic lamp

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/14/this-is-one-seriously-bunk-mag.html

1 Like

He didn’t say he wanted to eat it, he said he wanted to get some. Words matter.

P.S. Never trust a genie or a monkey paw.

9 Likes

That trick never works!

11 Likes

Silly rabbit!

6 Likes

Or your accountant.

1 Like

Alternate headline:

Desperate rabbit resorts to rub jobs for trix

9 Likes

If there was anything seriously bunk about those commercials, it was the kids. What a bunch of specieist arseholes.

8 Likes

turning trix? …at least he hasn’t hit the rock bottom of being cuckoo for coco puffs!

4 Likes

Probably the same little fuckers who kept stealing all that leprechaun’s shit.

3 Likes

Don’t blame the genie for this. The rabbit wished for Trix™ and he got Trix™. The kid stealing it after the fact isn’t the genie’s problem. That’s like blaming your Uber driver for dropping you off at a blind date that doesn’t go well.

Genies are in lamps to do a job: to grant wishes. They are not there to be your life coaches, personal assistants, contract lawyers, or best friends. Check your privilege, mortals.

6 Likes

And now, for something we hope you’ll really like…

This must live on.

Previously seen at:

3 Likes

The rabbit ALWAYS got fucked over.

Except once.

When I was a kid, there was a mail-in poll on whether the rabbit would get Trix. Boxes of the cereal had a ballot which you cut out and mailed after checking Yes or No.

The rabbit one, and they had a commercial in which he eats the whole damn box in seconds . . . and is regretfully back to No Trix.

(There was a similar poll several years later. )

4 Likes

The kid is the genie.

Hmm… I’m not so sure. He says “you found my lamp,” but that doesn’t mean he’s the genie of the lamp. And he appears from off screen, rather than emanating from the lamp.

I think it’s more likely that this kid is simply appropriating genie culture (or his cartoonish idea of it), what with his turban and magic carpet, which might explain why the actual genie prefers to work from within the lamp.

1 Like

Kleptocrats too.

1 Like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.