Unskew the polls! Trumpkins claim they're rigged

Well, after the 2004 election I do remember Randi Rhodes going on and on for weeks (months?) on her Air America show about how that election was illegally stolen from the Democrats through various nefarious means and nobody was investigating it.

But you’re right, usually it’s the right that makes these sorts of complaints.

And Randi Rhodes is really a crazy person anyway, basically the Glenn Beck of the left who managed to have her own radio show for a while.

I dunno. That’s what I would have thought about Georgia and Arizona this time last year, but at the moment Clinton seems to have a fair shot at winning both if recent polls are any indication.

But we know the elections are rigged, since Mitt didn’t get a single vote in 59 voting divisions in Philadelphia, 4 years ago.

Never mind that investigative journalists couldn’t dig up a single person who claimed to vote for Mittens in any of those 59 divisions.

Never mind that only an idiot would rig 100% of the vote, since it would be immediately obvious to those whose vote was stolen, that it happen.

Forget all that. They must be rigged!!! Because Trump is a winner, and he’s not winning!

7 Likes

I think the collapse of air America also shows that there’s less of a market for crazy/angry/bitter talk radio on the left. Most of us would rather listen to the soothing vocal fry of Ira Glass, who takes the time to fuel our sense of social injustice with nuance and context.

7 Likes

I don’t know about Indiana staying red. Everybody in Indiana wanted to get rid of Pence, especially the local GOP. I think it could swing to the Dems if things keep downhill for Trump.

2 Likes

Another way to consider it is that your move would contribute a drop of your tint to that state

" “Speaking of tax returns, did you hear Donald Trump is refusing to release them because Donald Trump has donated to NAMBLA? "

Please note: it is completely untrue and deliberately planted online as a joke, but the denial is taking a life of its own.

3 Likes

Was she the one going off the rails on a crazy train?

Or am I thinking of someone else?

7 Likes

Well…for example, Illinois shows up solid blue, but that’s because the vast majority of the state lives in Chicago. Same with New York and you-know-where. Conversely, you’d be fine in Indianapolis, just not anywhere else in Indiana, and you probably don’t want to go to Colorado Springs in Colorado.

5 Likes

Al Franken was sensible, but spoiled it all by becoming senator. Stephanie Miller is still around and is fun to listen to without the bitterness. Most of the stations are run by right-wing conglomerates, so even if a show does well it gets replaced by sport’s talk.

Shhh – don’t tell anyone, but climate change has made our winters a lot milder. We’re already one plant hardiness grow zone warmer than the historical norm, and continuing the trajectory.

5 Likes

It would sure be nice if the polls covered all the candidates on the ballot.

2 Likes

Indiana is a pretty heavily unionized state, and the most populous counties are solidly Democratic. With Evan Bayh getting into the governor’s race, it could flip.

Plus, there are internet polls, now.

4 Likes

Is Obama the worst President in US history?

Is there anyone who has compared all the presidents who would actually answer yes?

I mean, anyone other than the reactionaries who are upset that he has stayed in the White House longer than William Henry Harrison.

Previous surveys rank him as slightly better than average.

2 Likes

Well, I was thinking of a dead guitarist so that’s probably of no help…

4 Likes

Trump knows that Gallup can easily forge a long form poll certificate.

4 Likes

Does he eat large quantities of carrots?

That might explain the skin tone…

2 Likes

If? Isn’t that what he’s been doing this whole time?

3 Likes

And me :rolling_eyes:

The comment was a no-brainer, like predicting Trump will say something stupid and horrible tomorrow…

3 Likes