Unusual computer ad from Japan

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/20/unusual-computer-ad-from-japan.html

8 Likes

Mmmmm, I approve of Japanese ‘mice’.

9 Likes

Call me a sick s.o.b., but I was kind of hoping the cat would hook one of those girls out of the hole, then run off screen, tiny struggling Japanese girl firmly clamped in its jaws.

21 Likes

Well I at least one to try one of the laptops now.

3 Likes

I love the poopmoji logo! it clearly says that our laptops aren’t shit, they are The Shit!
(cleans glasses) oh, wait a second…

5 Likes

Whatever it is they’re selling, I’m buying.

5 Likes

Adorable!

The group is “Nogizaka 46” (乃木坂46) if anyone is interested.

EDIT: more videos here

4 Likes

Ah, there is my daily dose of “Oh, Japan…”.

5 Likes

Yeah, I always think japanese pop groups are adorable, and i sometimes secretly like the music…

until i remember they no longer own their own lives for x number of years, and the crazy contracts surrounding these groups.

then i usually ponder what type of family signs away their daughter to such pr machines, then i half shrug it off a cultural thing i probably just don’t understand and our “boy bands” are really probably just as bad in their own way.

:musical_note: i, i, i’ve got, i’ve got mixed feelings, i’ve got mixed feelings… :musical_note:

10 Likes

I think I’ll show this to our office cat. See what he thinks.

11 Likes

@lamaranagram

2 Likes

I was thinking more of the cat getting its paw caught in a mouse trap.

There’s actually a 9 minute behind-the-scenes video of this commercial.

4 Likes

I need more Japanese ‘mice’ in my life. :wink:

1 Like

Unusual in what way?

(Psst, @Akimbo_NOT, they’re really humans in costumes.)

5 Likes

well, now i just need 4 friends willing to join me, and my contest-winning halloween costume idea for this year is sorted.

7 Likes

Right?

It’s Japanese, so it must be unusual!

3 Likes

I don’t see what’s so unusual. If you’ve been to Japan at all you know that most rural homes are infested by tiny schoolgirls. They’re cute until they chew up your wiring.

22 Likes

Don’t forget the cat.

1 Like

That’s conservative for Japan. Do I have to post Kyary Pamyu Pamyu again?

2 Likes