Urbance: angular, science fictional hip-hop-y animation from Canada

[Permalink]

Before anyone starts in the “blanime” comments, apparently that term has a different, NSFW connotation.

I like how it looks. I was a big fan of Tron Uprising and since that was cancelled(and is probably now my Firefly) I’ll follow this to see where it goes…

2 Likes

You got Rainbow Brite in my Eon Flux.

1 Like

Love the style. It’s got a Jet Set Radio look to it.

2 Likes

“West Side Story” crossed with a Canadian version of “Step Up”

So who’s the blond guy in the pink corset?

A lot of people are excited for this after watching Tron: Uprising. I think the trailer started showing up a little after we heard that Tron and Motorcity were cancelled.

Wow. That looks fantastic. It’s like a mash up of Daft Punk and Aeon Flux, with a sprinkle of Jet Grind Radio.

1 Like

Oh that’s a load of bukakke…

I can’t help but wonder if the genesis of this has any relation to Ron Wimberly’s fabulous “Prince of Cats”. Inner-city riff on Romeo and Juliet, check. Angular Japanese cartooning influence, check.

“Sex is prohibited because of a genetic deadly virus.”

What does that mean? Genetic deadly virus is either redundant or nonsense.

I was going to say exactly this. It’s Jet Set, the TV show! And in googling Jet Set (because I couldn’t remember the name of it, OMG that game came out 13 years ago) I found out that somebody released an HD version of the game on XBLA. It’s only 10 bucks, too!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.