US Army objects as Republicans use fallen US soldiers as props

The press has been ok about not publishing the name of the woman who was trying to enforce the ANC’s rules, but I’m sure the MAGAts are busy trying to dox her. (I think that even publishing her gender is too much info.) Dropping the charges was probably the only way to prevent release of her identity.

22 Likes

Again, while I’m sorry about their loss, I have to emphasis these family members (I assume parents) also share blame in this incident. I know grieving people can do some unimaginable things, but combine this with being part of the cult and it gets even worse. I wonder what their reaction would be if Trump started up with his usual “losers and suckers” talk when describing deceased veterans in front of them. I have a horrible feeling I already know their hypothetical response.

19 Likes

yup. and i’d just keep pointing out they have no right, despite their loved one being buried there, of making up their own rules for the cemetery.

their loved one isn’t the only one who was buried there, and there are rules for the collective space. if they wanted their own rules, they should have bought a private plot somewhere.

21 Likes

Trumplethinskin has made it abundantly clear on many occasions that he thinks anyone who enlists, especially those who were killed in service, are losers and morons. Far from being the beneficial photo-op intended, this is yet another example of how Trump and MAGAt Mike are utterly unfit for any role in government.

8 Likes

“Hey, does this beer taste like rat poison to you?”

4 Likes

I wouldn’t ‘have a beer’ with this evil fuck, but I will be glad to share several beers with him.
After straining them through my kidneys first, of course.

3 Likes

The cynical interpretation

20 Likes

that is exactly the way i see it.

12 Likes

15 Likes

Surely you meant “would dump a beer on”, correct?

5 Likes

If it looks like duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.

– Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency

Besides, those bastards have long ago and permanently rendered the mere chance of giving them the benefit of the doubt null and void.

10 Likes

He posted short videos from the parents of 9 of the soldiers yesterday.

The statements were all pretty much the same.

Kamala bad, trump good.

If it wasn’t a political ad originally, it certainly is now.

12 Likes

If you look at the photos, there are some interesting hand gestures made by family members.

And I watched a statement by the mother-in-law: she referred repeatedly to “President Trump” and carefully stated “the Biden/Harris administration” when needing to refer to them (to trash them for not coming, of course).

These are not patriots: they’re MAGAts. No honor or decorum.

12 Likes

Some families, if not all, knew what they were doing. The whole thing was an abuse. There were no mistakes made here; the Trump team thought they would look good.

12 Likes

So I’ve been hearing about this disgraceful incident for days but only just saw the group photo they took today. Holy cow. I knew the guy was a sociopath but even still, you’d think that one of his aides would let him know that smiling and giving a big thumbs up when posing next to the grave of a fallen soldier is a bad look.
20240901_192726

9 Likes

Aides: The “no joy” thing is sticking. When you are doing a photo op, try to look like you are really happy and think whatever you are doing is great fun, ok?

Trump: :+1:

Aides: FFS, not at the grave of a fallen soldier, you idiot.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.