Trump staffers "abused and shoved" Arlington National Cemetary official who wouldn't let them film fresh graves

Originally published at: Trump staffers "abused and shoved" Arlington National Cemetary official who wouldn't let them film fresh graves - Boing Boing

9 Likes
14 Likes

Depressingly on brand for the Giant Orange Hypnotoad~
icegif-132

9 Likes

What else would a draft dodger do?

14 Likes

How to prove you lied in three simple steps:

24 Likes

So, the orange turd broke a federal law to take that tacky picture in front of a service members’s grave? Why am I not surprised.

And really, if I were the family, I’d be pissed by that photo. What are they celebrating? The death of that service member? Are they happy they died? WTAF?

23 Likes

They were killed during the withdrawal from Afghanistan. This is the anniversary of their deaths.

14 Likes

And they keep making it worse for themselves.

17 Likes

I guess we can add “literal ghouls” to the long list of descriptions of von Clownstick and his entourage.

19 Likes

Pretty sure that was already on the list, but the list is so long that it’s easy to miss the ones in the middle.

6 Likes

I would NOT play with the soldiers on duty at Arlington. There are many, many videos of them doing their duties, and they do not mess around when it comes to the rules and general disrespect.

12 Likes

Every time I think he’s gone to a new low, he lowers the bar. A smiling thumbs up at a grave?!?!?!? Who the f@ck does that!?!?!?! Why would you even do that?!?!!?!? What the hell is WRONG with him?

Angry Season 3 GIF by Party Down

21 Likes

Whenever he tries to show respect for our institutions, the end result is mockery.

Asshole narcissist.

8 Likes

I understand that, but the smiles and thumbs up? They seem happy they died. Not sad, not angry. Fucking happy! You know, to score political points.

If that were my family, I’d be pissed to hell and beyond. To me, it’d be like pissing on their grave.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

14 Likes

Who knows what exactly went down. Maybe they were happy to have a former President attend. Maybe they felt pressured by the photographer or staff. Guessing here.

10 Likes

Damn it. That makes this whole thing so much worse. They are making a cynical point about the withdrawal from Afganistan. How in the world do they even think they can pin this on Harris? Boy are they reaching. But holy shit, I cannot even put myself in these people’s mind set. The cruelty is everything, yet I don’t wish cruelty on anyone.

I was wondering why Tr*** would do a photo at a military cemetery, given his stated open disdain for anyone who has died or gotten wounded in their military service.

I am so angry at the people who voted for this narcissist.

15 Likes

It’s really…something. Even just a dead-eyed stare would be enough to be (mistakenly) read as respect or some semblance of solemnity, but he couldn’t even manage that non-action.

But maybe he’ll lose a couple of votes from the family members of the person interred there? Maybe? Possibly not.

4 Likes

It’s because he has no respect or reverence for anyone else but himself. He’s doing the thumbs up because its about him and doing a photo op. These dead soldiers are literally being used as political props.

It’s sick. It’s just another example of the complete lack of respect and understanding of people who serve in the military, from the “suckers and losers” to “I prefer people who weren’t POWs” to “the Medal of Freedom is actually better than the Medal of Honor”.

Any vet not completely brainwashed into the cult should be outraged.

PS

I would $1000 to see three or four Marines in dress blues remove Trump from the cemetery.

13 Likes

You know who’s not in the photo? 45’s Secret Service detail. So I guess their remit includes standing there chewing gum while 45 and his sycophants commit federal crimes and assault people.

It would have been interesting if a guard of the dead-serious FAFO type who protect the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier had been at hand. Armed standoff between the US Army and 45’s Secret Service? Priceless.

6 Likes

I don’t care that he is a draft dodger, there are plenty of good people who were draft dodgers.

The problem here is that he is a chicken hawk and a hypocrite.

18 Likes