NYT both sides Trump’s desecration of hallowed ground

Originally published at: NYT both sides Trump’s desecration of hallowed ground - Boing Boing

13 Likes

Season 5 Showtime GIF by Dexter

16 Likes

The blurb under the headline seems to have been slightly improved.
Screenshot 2024-08-28 140855
The response from Trump’s campaign is beyond disgusting.

An official with the cemetery tried to “physically block” members of Mr. Trump’s team, Steven Cheung, a Trump campaign spokesman, said in a statement. Mr. Cheung added that the cemetery official was “clearly suffering from a mental health episode” and that the campaign was prepared to release footage of the confrontation to support its account of the clash. The campaign did not provide that footage after several requests.

Chris LaCivita, a top Trump campaign adviser, added in a separate statement that the cemetery official was “a disgrace and does not deserve to represent the hallowed grounds of Arlington National Cemetery.”

22 Likes

What the hell is it going to take for people to cancel their subscriptions at this point?

17 Likes

For NYT to be balanced to a journalistic fault, I’m still waiting for the follow up “Permanent Residents Remain Silent”.

15 Likes

As the xeet from Max Kennerly points out, Chris LaCivita actually wrote “hollowed grounds”. This shows how much of a shit Trump’s people give about “hallowed grounds”, as well as how anyone who silently corrects their nonsense is doing propaganda for Trump.

Adding to the statement, campaign advisor Chris LaCivita told the New York Times that the employee was “a disgrace and does not deserve to represent the hollowed [sic] grounds of Arlington National Cemetery.”

19 Likes

I finally cancelled my NYT subscription a few months ago. I doubt I’ll ever reactivate it, though they are persistent about asking me to do so.

16 Likes

Followup post to say that the NYT, and all corporate media, are owned by the people who believe they would benefit from an authoritarian government.

More to the point, the antitrust activities of the Biden administration have given various monopolists and oligarchs lots of incentive to undermine the Democrats. ‘Protect our predatory monopolies’ doesn’t play well, so they throw all the other stuff they can at the wall instead.

18 Likes

Doesn’t CNN know what “(sic)” is for??

18 Likes

I know. I did read the post. I just wanted to provide the whole quote because even without the misspelling, it’s a disgusting response.

14 Likes

Typos aren’t disgusting. Attacks on public servants doing their actual job and punching down from such a height are.

15 Likes

Hello ground! Season 7 Episode 25 GIF by The Simpsons

4 Likes
6 Likes

For Donald we can create the Tomb of the Unloved Chief Executive

13 Likes

It should include an urinal.

12 Likes

Drains into the casket.

11 Likes

I can hardly wait for the Tangerine Cheato to be lowered into hollowed ground.

12 Likes

And another gem today from Joe Kahn and the Bothsides Gang at the Grey Lady. For some readers, Biff is engaging in disgusting misogyny; for others, he’s showing a “willingness to shatter longstanding political norms”. It’s not for the NYT to judge which it is.

16 Likes

Future NYT headline: “Why Arlington Cemetery incident is a problem for Harris.”

13 Likes

Op-Ed: Why Is Harris Refusing to Take Time to Dishonor Veterans?

8 Likes