US Capitol Police officer directed field units to ignore pro-Trump rioters on Jan 6, reveals House investigation

Originally published at: US Capitol Police officer directed field units to ignore pro-Trump rioters on Jan 6, reveals House investigation | Boing Boing

10 Likes

I don’t see how you can read this quote as anything other than “We want those Pro-Trump people to feel like they are allowed to do anything they want including storming the capital building and holding congressmen captive.”

We need to know who actually said this and whose orders they were acting on.

39 Likes

I say just fire the whole force, except that one hero dude who shot that traitor. Then build a whole new force not packed to the gills with seditionists.

15 Likes

A Capitol Police spokesman told CNN that the officer who gave the order is not being investigated.

Wait, what?

40 Likes

A Capitol Police spokesman told CNN that the officer who gave the order is not being investigated.

We need a Government National Database run agency to rid the police of scum like this, available to all States, Counties and local Gov. This shit is not helping America, it’s helping to enablers to hide Police/LEO criminals.

35 Likes

Sure, because history tells us that leaving a pro-fascist police officer involved in an insurrection in his job never comes back to bite you in the arse. /s

39 Likes

And Officer Goodman.

30 Likes

I’m 100% certain (without evidence) this directive came from above. Thy entire day and night was nothing but LEOs who were clearly directed not to engage at any point. We already know this is a fact with the National Guard.

Not saying the Capitol PD isn’t culpable or that individual officers weren’t directly complicit, but there was clearly a mandate.

23 Likes

Except I don’t think they even did that, or else they would have nabbed Proud Boys disguised as antifa.

9 Likes

Make Goodman the head, stringently vet the rest, and hire new ones who are as good as him.

11 Likes

One of my neighbors is a Capitol Officer. He was definitely trying to stop the insurrectionists. He isn’t Mr. Goodman, though he is a good man.

I fully support this course of action.

15 Likes

An unidentified US Capitol Police officer directed “all outside units” to ignore pro-Trump rioters…

hmm… two capitol police officers committed suicide after the insurrection (attempt). Would they leave them “unidentified” for the sake of the families or some-such?

4 Likes

the police have indicated a couple of times that their excuse for not engaging was because of the attacks directed by trump at the protestors in black lives matter square ( the whole dc photo op thing )

basically, you didn’t like us attacking peaceful protestors so we didn’t want to defend against violent ones

( part of why them using the violence as an excuse to ask congress for more funding is so disingenuous )

8 Likes

Anyone surprised?

3 Likes

There was another hero dude who misdirected a murderous part of the mob several stories above chamber floors. And the guy who nearly got squished to death in a doorway, who said he’d do it again in a heartbeat.

9 Likes

Some of those who work forces also burn crosses.

Like this is any shock. Of course there was an order to not upset the Trump protestors. Of course Trump officials stopped the military from responding after the capitol police requested help. Of course Trump officials illegally stopped money from going to Puerto Rico for hurricane relief because they made him angry. Of course Trump’s whitehouse intercepted covid supplies heading to major cities to the point that cities and states concocted wild “Smokey and the Bandit” style subterfuges to basically smuggle their own purchased supplies in to help.

In 20 years, he’ll be fucking dead and so will most of his cronies, and the stories will come out and in 30 years, the entire country will likely have more than enough evidence that the man quite nearly became a fascist dictator for life.

4 Likes

DEMETRIUS: well roared, lion
~midsummers night’s dream, act VI scene 1

in other words friend, well said. you’ve hit it square on the head!
ETA: name of character speaking the line.

2 Likes

How about this:

Anyone who we can’t prove was a hero there has got to go.

4 Likes

There’s certainly enough video of the event…

7 Likes

Yeah, they always have one of those.

5 Likes