US Forest Service posters around Big Bear Lake warning of satanic cult activity

possibly they got that from the order of the nine angles

AWD has also suffered deep internal rifts due to the increasing influence of O9A and ToB, a development that emerged after John Cameron Denton took control of the group. AWD has increasingly incorporated Satanic iconography into its propaganda, including images of Myatt, and also promoted O9A and ToB literature on its website.

1 Like

Nope, on the altar. As soon as the priest says “This is my Body” and “This is my Blood”,* then bam! genuine Jesus, right there. Of course, to all current and future possible scientific tests, it’ll still appear to be bread and wine, but that’s because the substance has changed, not the accidents (the external, phenomenal qualities): it’s “really” (presumably in some quasi-Platonic sense – my philosophy and theology fail me here) Christ’s body and blood.

* IIRC, there was a pretty furious theological debate in the Middle Ages about whether transubstantiation took places in stages – with the bread becoming Christ as soon as the priest had said Hoc est enim corpum meum, and the blood similarly transforming with the Hic est enim calix sanguinis mei – or whether body and blood transubstantiated together with the sanguinis mei.

3 Likes

Nope, on the altar. As soon as the priest says “This is my Body” and “This is my Blood”,* then bam! genuine Jesus, right there. [/quote]

As I understand this is actually the position of some protestants who believe (believed? I don’t know much about modern protestant theology) in a middle ground between Catholic transubstantiation and the more mainstream protestant views on consubstantiation. Basically the idea is that the bread and wine become the body and blood of Christ only as part of the complete ritual up to and including the consumption by the faithful. Any material left over is just bread and wine and shouldn’t be treated as holy material or venerated. This is been described (somewhat dismissively) as transubstantiation happening in the esophagus.

3 Likes

So basically: antagonists, laveyans and psychos.

Roughly my experience as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.