✌ Victory! ✌

Yes! Did you know we’re doing an interview about the book (for a hedgehog newsletter, so not a lot of exposure, but still cool).

16 Likes

That’s awesome.

I’m gonna take my copy to work and see if I can drum up a few more orders! I may buy another one for a coworker’s kiddo.

8 Likes

Thank you! Also have I mentioned to everyone that the immersive experience is highly augmented when you have a second copy and read it in stereo?

13 Likes

Accidentally ordered the wrong thing. The picture didn’t match the item… thought I was getting a set of solvent bottles but they were all labelled for DI water, meaning I can only use them for DI water. I do play it faster and looser with safety than I should in my home lab, but if there is one rule I follow, it’s that the label matches the contents. ALWAYS. Labels under other labels are a huge no-no, especially with solvents which are really good at removing… labels.

But, I didn’t read the description, so it was my fault, and I was prepared to pay return shipping, and then:

Free DI wash bottles!

15 Likes

Maybe you could accidently order the right bottles now. Wink wink.

6 Likes

One of my big projects for 2017 is to get back my office so I can use it to set up all my musical equipment and have an area to write in without distractions.

When I moved here, I was in a hurry to get out of an abusive situation and I didn’t have time to sort and toss. I’ve had literally 20 years worth of kipple hanging around, making it difficult for me to organize and even really live in this very small place. Getting the office empty of kipple meant I had to tackle my room.

As of today, I’m at the half way point on my room. My closet looks like the closet of a reasonable person. Most of the books I don’t need or want are sorted to sell or donate. I only have 2-3 more of the original moving boxes I came here with. Two of my five guitars are in my closet where I can get at them at a moment’s notice but they’re not in my way the rest of the time.

I’m not going to make my original goal of March 31 for the whole project but considering it’s 20 years of accumulated kipple and I’m still dealing with depression and anxiety, I’ve got a lot to celebrate and a lot to be proud of.

25 Likes

Awesome! It’s difficult enough to deal with Too Much Stuff when one isn’t depressed and anxious.

15 Likes

We went to San Antonio to the TMEA (TX Music Educators Ass’n) convention today to see Sophie. She’s loving her time in the music ed. program, which is a serious victory in itself, and I finally met her dep’t head who’s really cool, and they performed an awesome program. Since there’s 80,000 music teachers and students there, there was a gargantuan vendor hall full of fascinating and wonderful things. I picked up a pineapple concert ukulele (another victory, my Uke has a serious case of cracks on the back and binding), and we got a small flute, a tiny music stand, and small busts of Bach/Beethoven for Her Highness. The uke came strung with Aquila nylguts which is another win, since I won’t need to buy a set for it.

11 Likes

Just broke a personal rule: Having a second date, on Valentines Day. My heart skipped a beat there

when I got a very quick yes.

17 Likes

heck yeah you do

5 Likes

Chrome on my work PC has decided it can play YouTube videos again.

For some reason (that I was never irritated enough to investigate), Chrome was not playing YouTube videos for the last four or five months. Most other video sites worked, but YouTube didn’t.

I wasn’t the only one that saw this. A couple of people had asked, but we’re all IT with bigger things to do so we’d fall back to another browser if it was a really funny, viral Important, work-related video.

But now today, I click on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3-UugI0JoA and it worked. :slight_smile:

Delay. Deflect. Deny. - The Three Ds of Customer Service have served me well again.

8 Likes

Just sent a full draft of my dissertation to my adviser…

I feel sick.

33 Likes

Well done!

I’m sure it’ll be great!

9 Likes

Is that IKEA-lite?

3 Likes

Me as I sent it off…

Also, told a friend the length (171 pages) and he said “isn’t that a wee bit short”!

21 Likes

Why, did he write one?

If not, tell him he needs to write one and see how it feels.

If so… pfft, typical grad student.

Well done! Now onto the review board and the defense :scream:

14 Likes

19 Likes

I’m sure everything will go well, but I’ll keep my fingers crossed!!!

9 Likes

Breathe!! Whoo-hoo!!!

10 Likes

Tell him “It’s quality, not quantity, that matters.” (which is true)

10 Likes