Vaped crusader

Don’t you live in California with me?

Isn’t vaping banned in theaters just like smoking?

1 Like

Conflict of interest, @jlw? :smiley:

I see a lot of vapes in that store.

1 Like

Ah, so that’s what those things are. I always assumed they were for vaporizing one’s enemies.

18 Likes

Was that irony? The purpose of medical licensing and regulation is to prevent access to the tools and preparations of healing by anyone other than a restricted privileged class.

Every year it becomes more difficult and expensive for me to obtain the medications I have a 38 year documented history of requiring. Lately I have to physically visit my physician at least once a year for a full physical, and I have to hand-carry a hand-written prescription to the druggist, and both these activities have to be reported to the federal government. This has nothing to do with Obamacare; it is due to increasing restrictions on prescription painkillers. Those restrictions have been proven to drive increased heroin abuse, which is why the for-profit prison industry spends so much lobbying for them.

10 Likes

Are you trying to tell me that an industry that makes profit off of the amount of people in jail, would want even more people in jail?

5 Likes

Well, I’ve never been able to detect your foul ass, heavy smelling flavors’ stank, so you’re welcome.

1 Like

You know, I keep trying to get this across to my 15 year old, but he still insists on being an obnoxious teen. I will refuse a rude demand forever, but he gets stuck in his own little power struggle in his head and continues to demand instead of ask. He seems to have an infinite capacity to cut his own nose off to spite his face.

sigh.

Someone with adult kids please tell me this ends soon and they grow up to be reasonable people.

4 Likes

Are any of them specifically suggested for use during a House Transportation Committee meeting?

I think people can use a vaporizer without being rude.

4 Likes

Former San Diegan here! I remember Duncan Hunter from wayyyyy back, so that picture confused me a lot. But I guess this is Duncan Hunter the younger?

maybe put a warning label on them? “NOT FOR USE BY DOUCHE BAGS”

1 Like

Some of us hate breathing nicotine. Even if it smells like strawberries or whatever.

7 Likes

I chose my flavor specifically because it is not foul ass nor heavy smelling. So you’re welcome… I guess?

1 Like

They can, but they don’t/won’t, which is why we need laws to segregate cancerstick addicts to their own airspace, far away from the rest of us who want to breathe normally.

5 Likes

I’m fairly sure there’s a lot more in that smoke than just water vapor.

And in any case, I have to agree with @Grey_Devil - whatever’s in it, that stuff will close down my breathing passages just as fast as cigarette smoke will. The only benefit seems to be that the users usually don’t end up blowing out nearly as much of it as the usual cigarette smoker. But with all the flavors, it’s easy to tell when someone’s been vaping it up indoors, even in large, open rooms.

9 Likes

[quote=“boingboing, post:1, topic:73621”]
Rep. Duncan Hunter argued the amendment would make it tough for people with asthma inhalers or people inhaling “medicine of the future” through vaporizers to take their hits on a plane.
[/quote]Future medicine will be delivered by the cloud?

Sign me up.

3 Likes

In my experience they become human again sometime in their early 20’s.

6 Likes

Interesting. When I see any manner of white cloud emanating from any mouth, I quickly get up-wind and elsewhere of them. With cigarettes I invariably wind up catching some whiff of their awful stink. But for all its visibility, I’ve yet to catch a whiff of the vapers I’m steering clear of. Cigarettes are a blight upon the Earth. Vaping is transfinitely less offensive.

2 Likes

Well, that’s nice for you. I happen to work in close proximity to a number of folks who took up vaping, and who don’t care whether they do it indoors or out… and it’s really had a negative impact. It may be better than smoking, but it’s far worse than people smoking where it’s not going to impact other people.

7 Likes

Yup Duncan D. Hunter. Looks like he’s mostly dropped the “D” wherever his name is publicized but he always used it in his first 2 campaigns.