Vaping and causing a disturbance: Boebert removed from Denver showing of Beetlejuice

I try to pay as little attention as possible to this hayseed, but after reading about this incident, I was looking at the Wiki page on her to see a breakdown of her time in congress.
I don’t know why, but this particular thing pissed me off the most -

During her tenure in Congress, she was one of two representatives (the other was Marjorie Taylor Greene) to vote against the TRANSPLANT Act, which reauthorized the National Marrow Donor Program through 2026, citing concern over the addition of the program to the national debt as it had not received a Congressional Budget Office evaluation.

FTR, so you don’t have to google it, they get about $23 million/year from the US government.
Seems like a good investment to me, but then again, I don’t get kicked out of theaters for being a nuisance…

14 Likes

Well, I mean, the venue clearly has cameras inside they released to the public/Channel 9 news.

But the outside cameras - are they the venues, or are they the cities? Yeah, IMO, there is a big issue with this mass public surveillance.I assume either they filed for the footage, or the city just released it because they knew everyone would request it (or it was the venue’s)

Most places don’t mind some singing along, but vaping? WTF? Or recording? They don’t even let recording at my kiddos young adult productions. They can get their licenses pulled if it becomes a problem. I remember seeing a one man Star Wars show off Broadway, and some asshole was recording/taking pics, and the guy stopped the show twice and almost ended the show over one asshole (they should have kicked him out.)

5 Likes

How much do you wanna bet she was belting it out, off-key and out of time?

4 Likes

Well that’s why I said “some singing”. You can absolutist be disruptive with it.

In other news, while I haven’t seen the musical, my kiddo is a fan. I did have her watch the movie when she was younger (she shares the same name as Winona Rider’s character.)

5 Likes

She absolutely claps on the 1 and 3.

One other thing I thought of - if she’s bounced next year, she will not be eligible for a congressional pension. And I sure hope that district gets their shit together.

11 Likes

When asked to leave, Boebert and her companion refused and played a “Do you know who I am?” game.

Youre An Asshole GIF

She also made sure to get that Karen-style finger pointing in once, twice, three times!

11 Likes

she won by less than 600 votes in a heavily republican leaning district. basically no one likes her

9 Likes

I did some poking around earlier to see how that theatre is operated and it is apparently owned by the city. So maybe it was a public records request, which could also encompass exterior cameras. I’m not super thrilled about the constance of the surveillance state, either though.

7 Likes

“Do you know who I am?”

Yes… an imbecile who doesn’t get to see how the show ends.

6 Likes

12 Likes

Just wait until the pastor Boebert gets gate-checked by St. Peter. And she will. :rofl:

5 Likes

F**k around with the MPAA, find out that they take copyright infringement seriously.

6 Likes

When asked to leave, Boebert and her companion refused and played a “Do you know who I am?” game.

If they knew who you were, they probably wouldn’t have let you in to begin with.

8 Likes

I thought this was rather appropriate:

8 Likes

“I don’t care if you’re MTG, lady. You need to leave.”

7 Likes

@OriginsHealth: Somewhat off-topic: I advocate for not dressing up to see live theatre. If we treat it as less of a special occasion, we’re likely to go more often, and the people on stage simply want you there, however you are dressed.

(There have been years when I saw nearly 50 plays.)

And based on comments here (and my first reading of the post), I guess they should have titled this stage musical Beetlejuice: Not the Movie.

5 Likes

Well, she is the main character, after all.

2 Likes

… she’s like a cartoon character

boebert

6 Likes

ISWYDT.
Well diverted…

2 Likes

I wonder if this was a planned stunt. Those aisle seats, her decollage arranged just so!