Vaughn Bodē documentary in the works

Originally published at: Vaughn Bodē documentary in the works | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Long overdue… I caught Vaugh Bode’s slideshow presentation at the '74 Comicon when I was fifteen, hanging around with my pal Brian Donofree. Vaughn showed a lot of his work then ventured into his inspirations, most notably Winsor McKay. It was a great intro to his process

13 Likes

does a silvester the cat come in there

I love Vaughn Bodē’s art and style, but as a person. . .I won’t mince words. I got turned on to him when I picked up a second-hand copy of a “Cobalt 60” collection, then chased down various collected “Cheech Wizard” publications.

I got turned off when I wondered what had happened to him, and had to look up exactly what " autoerotic asphyxiation" was.

3 Likes

Looks like you will need to add David Carradine & Robin Williams to your list, then.

6 Likes

Why is that such a turn off? Who cares?

7 Likes

Well, I have an opinion about you as a person now, too.

3 Likes

I still have dogeared, worn-out copies of Cheech Wizard and company. Some have seed burnt holes, others are taped together or have been re-stapled. I wish he had lived lots longer but his path was his own to follow. I’m grateful for all that he did give us to enjoy.

3 Likes

Robin Williams?

Pretty sure he was suffering from severe depression after his Parkinsons diagnosis (with Lewy body complications).

1 Like

Yeah, Williams committed suicide. Nothing to do with autoerotic asphyxiation.

1 Like

That I think negatively of someone who robbed his 13 year old son of a father because he choked himself to achieve sexual gratification? shrug Judge away.

1 Like

Thanks to Vaughn I was prepared for Carradine; I think Williams was a straight (very sad) suicide.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.