Vegemite ice pops

Too late. Vegealreadydid. :wink:

3 Likes

Short answer is yes. Long answer: Vegemite is the lighter, easier to spread type, and marmite is the heavy, molasses-grade gel. They will both smack you in the face with salty, beefy, pretzel flavour.

Just go easy with it, until you’re sure you really like it or not. Then mainline it into an artery like me.
(It goes great on a lot of stuff, too, like homemade chips, boiled eggs, in soups, and even just off a spoon.)

2 Likes

I was with you all the way until “even off a spoon”. Even off a spoon?? That’s a step too far, even for a life-long Vegemite eater!

4 Likes

This is how Vegemite was explained to me:

The Yank is that video is definitely the latter. Wow.

9 Likes

Yes! I’d also get a jar of Marmite for comparison. You’ll encounter the opinion online that ‘they both taste the same’. No. No, they do not. They’re both salty and savory but the difference in aromatics is apparent to anyone not suffering nasal congestion or olfactory nerve damage.

Only my relationship with Marmite is this intimate.

1 Like

This, precisely.

1 Like
2 Likes

You know what? I’ll try it. Why not?

Also:

Americans: “Why would you ever eat that, that’s the most disgusting thing I’ve ever seen!”

Also Americans: “Fuck yeah, deep-fried butter! Ohh, now slather some mayonaise on it.”

EDIT - I tried the recipe they suggested. It surprisingly wasn’t that bad! Maybe just odd enough that it’s under the umbrella of acquired tastes, but on the whole, pretty alright.

4 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.