Veiny, slick silicone ovipositors

1 Like

Arenā€™t ovipositors be supposed to rather flexible? Rigidity of walls would pose a problem for the passage of the eggs.

Thought: adjustable rigidity using liquid-filled flexible but inelastic channels, a simulation of erectile tissue? If sufficiently segmented, may be even prehensile to a degree.

Not if the material has sufficient tensile strength, there are no significant cracks where stresses would concentrate, and the elastomer wouldnā€™t degrade over time.

1 Like

8 Likes

But if itā€™s too floppy, it wont get in, will it?

(Shoring up with tape and popsicle sticks is sometimes advocated in situations of excess floppiness, but I dont think it is actually very practical)

True that.

After examining the video, it seems to me that the material is elastic but rigid enough to not bend out of the way on a short distance (2-5 inch) so it should be possible to guide into position with relative ease.
An actual review (of the second model they offer) is here:
http://kittenboheme.com/2015/01/primal-hardweres-krubera-ovipositor-sex-toy-review/
Apparently the outer texture is too smooth.

On a side note, there is quite wide choice of 3d-printing filaments out there. With amazing range of elasticity. Quite some of them are even FDA-compliant, food-contact grade. Internal structuring achievable by 3d printing is impossible to achieve by common casting nor other technologies.
Single-head extruders offer the ability to modulate the materialā€™s firmness by specifying the infill (closed or open cell foam, cell sizes, percentage of cells vs solid material), and allow potential tricks including a foam with compressibility/rigidity/firmness adjustable by the degree of saturation/pressurization with an incompressible liquid.
Multihead extruders in addition make it possible to design internal structures containing more rigid (or more soft) elements, simulating a bone within an elastic structure or making small rings around a channel in flexible material that keep the channel from expanding to the sides and instead maintain its firmness along the length.
Could mean an interesting range of possibilities for one-off designs.
I originally did the reviews for some ideas along the lines of biomimetic robotics (a convenient pretense for killing a whole day by available materials researching), but I see now it is apparently an area of engineering with quite interesting other uses.

1 Like

They can also benefit from the support of the egg material, if they are inserted with eggs inside. I would design them so that the end takes a little more pressure to release the egg for this purpose. The eggs can be silicone for vaginal use or gelatin for anal use. For lube, polyethylene oxide will get you that nice slimy, stringy effect.

2 Likes

According to the reviews, gelatin has the advantage of dissolving over time so it wonā€™t get stuck in place and require embarrassing doc trip to remove; so silicone may be advised against. Not all grades of gelatin are suitable, apparently, as some are able to act as a medium for yeast growth.

The recipes for ballistic gelatin should be close to the mark.

I wondered what it could beā€¦ and was foolish enough to not consult a MSDSā€¦

2 Likes

People use it for sex play in the form of ā€œJ-Lubeā€ solution (created for easing animal birth for veterinarians and farmers). It is also a popular laxative.

2 Likes

A world of possibilities! Nature is full of inspiration, too - parasitic wasps that get to wood-boring larvae through a hefty bit of bark, fruit-feeding Drosophila with serrated ovipositors to get thru the fruit skinā€¦

But letā€™s not forget the male insects! Another glorious source of all-natural fun ideasā€¦

(and thereā€™s more here!)

2 Likes

ā€œFeel itā€™s tube-like member bulge with eggs as it slides its way up into you, eager to implant itā€™s offspring deep inside.ā€
OK, my worst nightmare just got worse.

5 Likes

I hope Iā€™m not stepping on a joke here, but ā€œthis will end in tearsā€ is a colloquialism about lacrimation, rather than tissue fissures.

7 Likes

Methinks the lady doth protest too much!

1 Like

La la la la la I canā€™t hear you la la la la

1 Like

I know, itā€™s mind-warpingly horrible to think of some perv who canā€™t tell how to correctly use ā€œitsā€ and ā€œitā€™sā€, right?

1 Like

Not necessarily. Wasp ovipositors (did I mention them here, or on the Tesla thread?) have a ratchet-like arrangement of spines to work the eggs down them- it seems most flexibility in that system is in the spines or the egg itself.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what you thought.

2 Likes

And as GI Joe said: ā€œKnowing is half in the bottleā€!

3 Likes

Yo A O, Hom Var Ray,
Yo A Ra, Jerhume Brunnen G
Way Ro Way, Ro Hanna Ro,
A Way Ro Ra, Jay Hanna Ray
Yo A O, Hom Var Ray,
Yo A O, Hom Var Ray,
Yo A O, Hom Var Ray,

2 Likes

J-lube is also very effective for enhancing bubble-blowingā€¦the soap bubble type.

Here is a link to instructables about it -

Amazon.com reviews are also pretty interesting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.