Vice is bankrupt

Originally published at: Vice is bankrupt | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I’m sure the private equity bust-out artists will turn the brand into a content mill/vanity press like Forbes. The best we can hope for these days is that the archives were preserved.

12 Likes

My dad is up in heaven saying I told you so.

He was angry when Vice took over History Channel 2 and started all that liberal drug programming.

He only had basic cable and loved the history stuff.

3 Likes

History on the History Channel? Right now they are rerunning 7 year Ancient Aliens

7 Likes

He’s been dead a few years, probably a good thing, he’d run out of stuff to throw at the TV by now.

3 Likes

Yes there hasn’t been actual history on it since at least the ‘90s. Even then, we used to call it The Hitler Channel because it consisted entirely of Naziphile stories running the same hundred clips of WWII sliced and diced in different ways. I guess the boomers liked that sort of thing.

5 Likes

“robots.txt”

1 Like

Unfortunately, the “layoffs already announced” include Waypoint, the best video games vertical presently running :sweat:.

Which is only advisory. I’m guessing that when something is about to go under, that’s roundly ignored.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.