✌ Victory! ✌

Being in the same age bracket, I’d say that perhaps realising that there will never be that magic moment is what makes one an adult mutant?

I think the secret is there is no such thing. Or you already have it. Take your pick…

8 Likes

Yeah, probably… but then again, you WOULD say that LOKI!!! I’m on to your trickster ways! :wink:

7 Likes

Got my official letter! Part of my excitement is at making more per year in stipend than at any other point in my adult life (and I’ve worked full-time jobs before). And no, grad schools don’t pay that much, I’ve just never made that much money working shitty jobs and unpaid internships. Now I don’t have to hold down an inconveniently located job while trying to make it to classes while being behind on all my bills. That feels like a victory.

20 Likes

Congratulations! Go celebrate!

5 Likes

clapping-quark

8 Likes

I’m very happy for you…Congratulations!

7 Likes

My first therapist is a man in his 60s I once asked him when I would feel like a grown up, he said he would let me know as he wasn’t there yet.

14 Likes

Honestly, that is a large chunk of what drove me put of academic medicine. I am deathly allergic to bullshit.

4 Likes

Proposed tonight.

She said yes!

29 Likes

Grats!!!

7 Likes

Fantastic, that’s great to hear!

8 Likes

For a long time I had the ambition that by 40 I would know what I wanted to do when I grew up. Twelve years later I’m happy that what I’m doing is both making the world a marginally better place and that I’ve fallen into/had a job built to my skills, rather than the other way around.

If there’s a magical moment of becoming a grown-up, I missed it. On the other hand, I reckon the point at which you stop judging breakfast cereal for the cartoon character on the box and judge it instead according to the fibre content is probably a major turning point.

12 Likes

Check out old sick feral cat interaction with kittens. Major kitty-to-kitty hug around 2 minutes in:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+feral+scarred+cat&view=detail&mid=973FB4B3146014EB884C973FB4B3146014EB884C&FORM=VIRE

5 Likes

Awww…and best wishes!

5 Likes

Great news! congrats!!!

happycrying-10th-doc

5 Likes

Fucking fantastic! Congrats!

8 Likes

I was going to comment in the veganism thread and remembered that it’s my birthday and I deserve better.

14 Likes

Yay! Happy birthday!

dorothy-birthday

I realize I was a day late, probably. Hope you had a great day!

10 Likes

Something that is hopefully a victory…

(This isn’t a wild “new magic pill discovered” story, but it is a major landmark. They’re saying the retrovirals completely prevent transmission of HIV, when before they thought it just made it unlikely. It’s a magnitude difference. They’re saying “zero”, not “close-to-zero”. That would make it more effective than vaccines and birth control, if we can get people the treatments.)

16 Likes

More of this, please:

6 Likes