VIDEO: Activists vow to 'shut down' ICE headquarters in Washington, DC

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/16/activists-shutting-down-ic.html

14 Likes

More of this is needed.
Much, much more of this.

29 Likes

Agreed. “More” like tearing down the concentration camps and reuniting the families. Oh, and we should see about getting the ball rolling about prosecuting key people for crimes against humanity.

Unlike war crimes, crimes against humanity can be committed during peace or war. They are not isolated or sporadic events, but are part either of a government policy (although the perpetrators need not identify themselves with this policy) or of a wide practice of atrocities tolerated or condoned by a government or a de facto authority.

It certainly looks to me like our government is committing atrocities that are being tolerated and condoned by those in power.

30 Likes

Dang, that’s exciting, wish I could be there.

11 Likes
20 Likes

I’m glad to see Jews taking a lead role in these protests. All too often we see only the perpetrators and kapos and easily bought-off fundie apologists for the regime instead of Jews who actually remember history.

12 Likes

International Criminal Court might have something to say, though their reach probably won’t cross the Atlantic.

Trump%20PRISONER

Should read “The Warden.” My thinking was that he has become trapped in this mess he has made, and he has to own it. But now I think it’s just him, and he’s the warden of the prisons he has made. He doesn’t care that this will follow him forever as a stain on any vestigial sense of right and wrong he may have.

3 Likes

Not only won’t, but can’t, according to the Hague Invasion Act

5 Likes

13 Likes

Didn’t know that. Thanks.

1 Like

Jesus. Right? There’s absolutely nothing Christian about helping people… wait…

and…

Right. Which is why something has to be done here, by us. This shit is a hellslide that keeps getting steeper and faster. If we don’t want this to happen in our country, we – the people – really have to rise up and do something about it, because most of our government is complicit.

I’m seeing more energy being generated to storm Area 51, ffs.

3 Likes

The US government is an evil empire and any of its grunts carrying out crimes against humanity should be treated as such.

But muh civility

5 Likes

I should mention that, if my newsfeed is any indication, FOX is trying very, very hard to scream over the noise about Trump’s overt racism and literally-fascist rallies to make the fact that ICE protesters took down an American flag and replaced it with a Mexican one the top story. FOX keeps yelling frantically that Democrats’ “silence is deafening” and claiming that the RNC sent Congressional democrats 47 US flags in protest (?)

5 Likes

If true (so much weight being carried by that “if”) that sounds like it needs to be countered by sending each one of them a brown babydoll in a pet carrier. I mean, as long as we are being childish about monstrosities.

1 Like
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.