Video collection: drains unblocked

Bare arms, no face protection, reaching into whatever might be festering there…I hope to hell hes had all his shots and keeps them up dated.

1 Like

Whoever this Drain Addict is, I’d like to give him/her a big hug.

At least he was wearing what appear to be Tingley rubbers. After 17 years, mine are still like new. So, at least no “swamp foot”?

Such drains are common here in (western) Oregon. Water discharged from a downspout next to the house is likely to end up under the house, especially if the downspout is on the uphill side. Also, water running across your driveway in winter can turn into a layer of ice.

2 Likes

When they said Sports Authority was going down the drain a few years ago, this isn’t what I thought they meant.

1 Like

Turns out Rob Beschizza reads comments.

This is not unlike earwax cleaning, where is that YouTube channel?! Just kidding.

For houses with basements, any water from the roof should be directed away as far as possible so as to not seep in though the basement walls. Also when it rains a lot, the ground may become saturated and not able to take on the water from the downspouts.

3 Likes

Absolutely right! I was unpleasantly surprised to find my basement had flooded when we were away because our downspouts all run straight into the foundation drains and the outflow pipe was filled with tree roots.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.