Video demonstration of new "invisibility cloak"

Yep. Given that it is glass, they will have to shoot twice. A 100% increase for maximum shots per kill!

1 Like

Yay! I had said they were showing several different gadgets, and you’ve probably found another one. That may be the one they used against the wall with the obvious horizontal features. Nice.

1 Like

If you can track your viewer’s eye position, how about just a big hires hdr video screen with a camera behind the hidden object on a gimbal. Or better yet an array of lytro type cameras without the gimbal and you could solve some parallax issues when the viewer is near.

For the win, a holographic display with each pixel sending different light patterns in each direction like the inverse of a lytro camera pixel.

1 Like

Also, how it copes with rain, mist, dust, etc.

2 Likes

And for the invisible dude with visible arms.

1 Like

That’s common to any “realistic” sci-fi depiction of a cloaking device.

I don’t know what you’re looking for but I read lots of SciFi. Here’s some “products” with the word “Quantum”.

Then you are better off using a shield with traditional camouflage paint. With practice a sniper may learn to decipher that distorted image and figure out exactly where you are behind it. (Or someone builds a “quantum invisibility penetrator”)

2 Likes

True enough, there are some good books there. Unfortunately, I also got “Quantum dishwasher tablets” in the mix, for some reason. Amazon’s idea of what I might be interested in? :smiley:

2 Likes

File along with - things that make you go hmmmmm.

To me it looks like plain old lenticular sheets. But maybe with smaller lenses than usual? Maybe some diffraction grating or something like that?

1 Like

What, no tachyon beams? Disappointing.

2 Likes

erik the viking

1 Like

Mrs. B.J. Smegma exposed herself, most unwise.
Could someone please invent Reverse-Quantum-Stealth car keys?

4 Likes

thats what I was thinking. it appeared to me to be an application of the similar light bending of lenticular lenses. shiny pipes built in to stretch the images from the sides to cover the middle. its why there is a hint of the person on the shield being used to hide the human.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.