Video: Dolphin attacks trainer during Seaquarium show after human accidentally scratched it

Originally published at: Video: Dolphin attacks trainer during Seaquarium show after human accidentally scratched it | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Wild animals are not pets, nor are they there for your entertainment…

All those shows should be shut down.

27 Likes

Nothing disgusts me more than a bunch of humans gawking at an imprisoned caged animal for their casual entertainment.

20 Likes

I thought that, thanks to the popularity of Blackfish, shows like this had already gone the way of Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey Circus. But, just as there are somehow still people who genuinely have no shame tossing litter on the ground or not bothering to tip their server, there’s an audience who couldn’t care less about the wellbeing of the animals they’re supposedly admiring during these shows.

12 Likes

this^ , this^^ , aaand this^^^

6 Likes

From the park:

“Our family extends to include the animals in our care,”

Huh. So, you lock your family members up and force them to perform tricks for food? DFCS, anyone?

6 Likes

Seaquarium Miami is tiny. the pool enclosures are so small and the poor animals suffer. the park was recently sold to a dolphin exploitation group out of Mexico. in order to cut costs, vet staff was reduced as was food rations for the captives.
their most infamous exhibit is Tokitae (aka “Lolita”) who is now 56 years old and has lived in the smallest pool enclosure for an orca in the world for 52 of those years since her abduction in PNW waters in the San Juans. her health is failing, she could very well be (for all that can be known of such) insane.
this latest incident just more malfeasance from corporate animal abuse for profit buisness model. they simply Do. Not. Care. about the well being of their captives. fuck them.
#FreeTokitae
#StopCetaceanAbuse
eta: link

11 Likes

Dolphin attacks trainer during Seaquarium show after human ̶a̶c̶c̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶a̶t̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ purposely imprisoned it

FTFY

2 Likes

While PETA isn’t wrong about the need to shut down places like this, please NEVER EVER EVER give those bastards the publicity of posting their comments on ANYTHING.

PETA is worse than most of the places they purport to fight against.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.