Video: Gak vs. red hot nickel

[Permalink]

1 Like

Apparently dropping red hot balls of nickel into things is an entire genre of Internets fun!

3 Likes

Now pour the yellow stuff onto a plate of nachos.

3 Likes

Red Hot Nickel is a great band name

3 Likes

I hope this youtuber did that in a well ventilated place. I’m sure that just smelled like shit taking a shit.

3 Likes

I was gonna say, it looked quite a bit like Cheez-wiz. I suppose everybody but me knows what Gak is?

3 Likes

Of there’s another video, it’d be “nickel back.”

1 Like

Oh god, I can smell that from here.

1 Like

…aaaaaand, good feeling is gone.

4 Likes

Let’s just not combine them with cats in boxes. :scream_cat:

1 Like

https://www.google.com/search?q=red+hot+nickel+ball

And supercooled nickel. Next up: super room temperature!

6 Likes

This is better than anything airing on CBS.

1 Like

It’s a non-newtonian fluid. You can make it at home with cornstarch and water. Or rather, that’s ooblek, not exactly gak. Gak has a couple of extra components that keeps it from drying out.

Gak and ooblek are used to show in science classes how non-netwtoinan flow is dependent on how much force is applied to it. Punching gak or ooblek is like punching a rock, but you can mash it into any shape at slower speeds, pull gak slowly and it’ll stretch out considerably, but if you pull it really hard and fast, it’ll resist stretching to a surprising degree before it snaps without stretching at all.

9 Likes

Just about anything is better than Secrets and Lies. Some good actors. Some crappy script.

Here are some RHNB gifs. Ice is nice, but peanut butter is the best/creepiest.

Like @Boundegar said, Cheez-wiz.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure Cheez-wiz is a standard newtonian fluid, just one that is quite viscous.

Cheez-wiz knows no natural laws other than its own.

5 Likes

Is it wrong that the Velveeta one made me a little hungry?

I have never tried Cheez-Wiz, despite multiple requests for friends visiting the states to bring me some (generic response: ‘Fuck, no, I’m not putting that in my luggage’). Sometimes there’s moonshine though, so there’s that.

1 Like