Video: Man with ax destroys masked musician's drum kit in public park

Originally published at: Video: Man with ax destroys masked musician's drum kit in public park | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Playing drums at 7:00 AM on a Saturday? Christ, what an asshole.

Axe-murdering a drum kit and threatening a human with a gun? Christ, what a fucking asshole.

I guess it’s just assholes all the way down over there.

30 Likes

5 Likes

Foo Fighters need a drummer Dude, hit them up. RIP Taylor Hawkins…

1 Like

In a park. Not so certain he was waking anyone up there.

12 Likes

To be fair I would typically agree with that, but check out the park from Google Maps:

If this was someone coming from their home they would walking a good distance (and possible crossing a multi-lane road). If it wasn’t for the rampant tree pollen destroying my sinuses I’d probably have my windows open this time of year, so yeah 7am is on the early side. But he’s at the park and really good distance away. Maybe next time walk over and have a chat, bring some coffee or a breakfast food.

(Notably before having children there were plenty of weekends where making it to the 10:30am breakfast cut off time was questionable. Now if I get to sleep until 8am without being awoken to screaming or crying I’m rather elated.)

17 Likes

“Those drums are kind of loud, maybe I’ll go tell that skull-masked guy to keep it down. Or not.”

8 Likes

It appears he was close to the edge of the park.

Around Tiger Stadium in Detroit there are musicians that play during games, the last few years some very talented but annoying people have started playing makeshift drums using 5 gallon pails. You can hear them inside the stadium over the crowd.

In other words sound carries especially drums.

4 Likes

If you’re going to a park for serenity, bird watching, critter watching, or camping nearby, drums would be unwelcome. Axing and gun flashing are completely uncalled for, and are orders of magnitude worse than park drumming, but it’s still can be a selfish thing to do.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I’m not saying he was right, I’m just saying I understand.

27 Likes

Agreed. I’m also wondering if this is related to issues that park is having recently with homeless folks. I don’t know the drummers situation, but he appears to be playing in front of a tent.

Also, that is not a $500 portable drum kit. That is a $75 kids drum kit from Walmart.

4 Likes

Everyone wants to be death metal, until it’s time to do death metal shit. :wink:

6 Likes

I mean… that IS kind of early…

I guess that depends on how close houses are to said park?

4 Likes

Yeah, it could potentially be quite close to houses. Still didn’t like jumping right to “asshole” when such is not known.

2 Likes

Oh, my god, that’s terrible. How scary.

“ playing at sunrise ”

Wait, no, never mind. Fuck that drummer so hard.

2 Likes

Sure… fair enough… but also, sound carries, so… :woman_shrugging:

Has anyone posted this to the “Am I the asshole” subreddit yet?

5 Likes

Worf does it better, as he mends fences afterwards.

5 Likes

Regardless of the time of day, when was the last time anyone said “you know, I want to go to the park today and bask in the sounds of nature… and a drum kit”?

Still no reason to pull an axe though, Will Smith slap at the absolute worst :face_with_spiral_eyes: (that way assault and battery can still be charged as there is no need for violence at all)

3 Likes

Perhaps it’s just a slick way to pull attention to your band or GoFundMe page.

2 Likes