Video of cops showing up at Florida wedding where marijuana-laced food sickened guests was released

Originally published at: Video of cops showing up at Florida wedding where marijuana-laced food sickened guests was released | Boing Boing

2 Likes

At 00:25, you can see the smirk. She thought it was funny.

9 Likes

OK, I guess I missed the original article - but WHY would you get your guests stoned in secret? That’s worse than spiking the punch bowl.

7 Likes

Apparently Uncle Frank loves lasagna and really needed to loosen up?

6 Likes

In the years to come, they will all look back and …

4 Likes

6 Likes

The people responsible should be held accountable.

That said, I’d like to know on what authority the police can require the bride and groom to show identification cards (like their driver’s licenses).

The cops are investigating a crime, so it seems this qualifies as a Terry stop, and thus they can compel the people being interviewed to identify themselves. But that means the interviewees must give their names and some contact information (address, phone number, etc.), and maybe a birthdate to help distinguish them from other people who might have the same name.

As I understand it, there’s no legal requirement in a circumstance like this to show an identification document to law enforcement. If you’re pulled over while driving, then, yes, you need to produce a valid driver’s license, and if you want to enter certain government buildings or fly, you might have to show an ID card. But if you’re at a private party or walking in a public area, you do not have to have an identity document, even if detained as part of a police investigation.

2 Likes

The cops didn’t shoot anyone? Well, that’s a welcome surprise.

Is smiling actually a good way to project one’s innocence when one is actually guilty? Maybe I should shoot that question at Marjorie Taylor Greene.

2 Likes

… try it again, but with less weed.

1 Like

BAKED LASAGNA

Brava, @Carla_Sinclair.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.