Video of mysterious humanoid creature strolling in Portuguese desert

I try to keep an open mind about cryptid photos and videos, and this one really just looks phony to me, the way it moves just stinks of half-assed computer animation.

5 Likes

Ah, the world was a better place when Sun Ra was its Leader.

11 Likes

Why does a video like this, with no vetted sources (actually no named sources at all) - no context and no background check, gets so much coverage -

while another paranormal report regarding UFOs, with the testimonies of multiple US Army veterans, barely makes a bleep on the media radars…?

1 Like

And it always has a RIDICULOUSLY smooth skin despite how blurry it usually is.

1 Like

It is known for its oddly featureless body.

Damn paparazzis ! Let Andy Serkis enjoy his holidays alone !

19 Likes

swamp gas reflecting off venus during an eclipse.

4 Likes

Guy needs one of these:

5 Likes

Short answer is that videos are more easily ingested.

Long answer is that neither one is really newsworthy anyway.

2 Likes

I sure would like to know what are the criterias of “newsworthiness” and who decides them…

2 Likes

And the viral campaign for some upcoming horror/sci-fi feature film has begun…

9 Likes

[waits for stabilized footage]

3 Likes

Maybe that’s the translation error. The title should instead read “mystery humanoid strolling in desert where people are speaking Portuguese.”

3 Likes

Sorry guise, just me out for a stroll. Sorry!

11 Likes

37 Likes

It’s too bad the time and universe ended. I would like to have seen what happened next.

1 Like

Stabilization can’t fix this kind of thing. Seeing as the figure was like 20 pixels tall, there’s no point in even zooming in. It’s such a hoax. They’re pretending phone cameras from 2006 are still around when they’re applying their blocking filter.

2 Likes

That’s what it wants you to think! This cryptid has evaded capture by evolving to look like crappy CGI. Pretty clever.

13 Likes

Where is Captain Disillusion when you need him?

Seriously, people are shooting professional grade stuff on their iPhones, and this guy has a camcorder from 1983 and ran the tape through an x-ray machine while it was in a box housing his magnet collection.

20 Likes

The invisible hand of the market.

3 Likes