Video of mysterious humanoid creature strolling in Portuguese desert

Manos references are also on my Auto-Like list,

5 Likes

Just to keep this going and possibly spur conversation:

The thing I always hate about spotting these hoaxes so easily is that I really DO want to believe and it makes it so hard to do when 99 times out of 100 it’s just some rube in their bedroom trying to get a gig with Pixar or IDM.

3 Likes

The other large oddity is that there isn’t really a desert IN Portugal, especially one that looks like that:

Link.

4 Likes

“The creature’s large pixels provide it with a remarkably effective camouflage…”

29 Likes

I regret having but one like to give.

6 Likes

YES THIS. Damnit! I love unexplained creepy shit and I have spent many hours on this or that rabbithole creeping myself out and wanting to believe.

This was one from last year: Strange howls heard coming from Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Eerily similar to a 1994 recording (linked in the page). Somewhere there is a page of Ohio Sasquatch sightings and I was all curious and creeped out how many were very near to my rural hometown.

2 Likes

Avisynth. Has about a thousand plugins to try and improve video quality. Neural net based rescaling filters, 3D denoisers, warp-point based sharpeners that do seam-carving, temporal deblockers. But 5 minutes in iMovie with stock effects could turn this from crystal clear 4k 60fps video into the garbage juice we see here no problemo.

5 Likes

The weird thing is that the “monster” appears to be in slightly better resolution than the rest of the image…

Them monsters are tricksy. Yup.

7 Likes

Is now a good time to knock on your window?

7 Likes

it walks like a string puppet

4 Likes

The clip art is escaping! Let’s go, everybody!

(this clip is from a “real movie”, believe it or not)

8 Likes

I think you might have defined “real movie” too broadly.

11 Likes

I’ve never seen a fake movie. Apart from that one time when I was staring at a photo for 90 minutes*.

*Still had a better plot than a Michael Bay movie.

16 Likes

Real as in actual feature-length narrative work, rather than just made for yuks on YouTube. It’s from an insane Hulk ripoff called The Amazing Bulk.

We’re a generation of Ken Burns burnouts.

12 Likes

Look if you don’t want me peering in your windows, all you had to do was ask nicely… now I’m offended… if anyone wants me, I’ll be in my lair!

4 Likes

I think Ray would have got a better handle on the creatures inertia, or lack there of. :wink:

Normally its some Rupert Murdoch minion.

Spoiler alert: It’s a schooner!

1 Like

And we would have gotten away with except those pesky linguists

4 Likes

It looks like the interdimensional creature from Stranger Things, which means 11 can’t be far behind!

2 Likes