Video of the new "Penobscot River Monster" in Maine

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/17/video-of-the-new-penobscot-r.html

2 Likes

There is another lake Champlain in Michigan?

4 Likes

Hey, Lake Champlain is a pretty great lake, but it’s not a Great Lake.

I’d say the Penobscot footage would be interesting if this thing were moving contrary to the current, instead of drifting along like a tree branch. From the guy’s commentary it doesn’t sound like even he thinks it’s a monster.

9 Likes

there are several species of Nessie’s, some are Fir & some are Oak, but they don’t interbreed.

17 Likes

Looks like a big poop floating down stream.

5 Likes

Log ness monster

13 Likes

You can tell it’s totally fake because of all the black on my screen all around the supposed video. Clearly if this were a real video, it would take up my entire screen. :rolling_eyes:

7 Likes

…or if it were moving at all.

2 Likes

Looks like a log to me. I would expect a living thing to be, well a little more animated. The “neck” isn’t moving any more than just what you would expect from normal bobbing on the waves and it’s not moving side to side or diving at all. Just seems to be drifting with the current.

2 Likes

I love how it stays perfectly still and never moves. It is almost like a log floating down the river.

3 Likes

Nope. Champ is a strictly Vermont/NY thing. This is a story where Cryptozoology and Cryptocartography collide.

3 Likes

Came here for this.

1 Like

Mock away you mockers, who’s going to save you when it’s under your bed?

1 Like

What about the Skegness Monster?

I thought it might be 45 for a sec, but it’s not orange and have crappy hair.

Might be Nessie on holiday then.

1 Like

Lake Champlain isn’t in fucking Michigan.

2 Likes

Messy Nessie.

2 Likes

wooo Mysterious Universe, lets get weird up in here

The Mainers I know (I’m married to one) know a log floating down the river when they see one and they can have a pretty dry sense of humor. I think folks have been trolled.

2 Likes

3 Likes