Video shows cop robbing and pepper-spraying man

I apologize unreservedly to any faecal matter I have inadvertently offended by comparing it to the police.

3 Likes

Yes, this message actually brought to you by the patrolmanā€™s ā€˜benevolentā€™ association of the city of New Yorkā€¦

2 Likes

Weā€™ll have to wait to find out, after review by the Civilian Complaint Review Board, if indeed an affidavit was not made. The owner does not have to be arrested or convicted of a crime to have his property taken.

Only if the affidavit is confirmed as NOT made can this be labelled as ā€œrobbery.ā€

I think that there was a typo ā€“ was supposed to be been violentā€¦

2 Likes

Also, Iā€™m fairly sure the affidavit can be issued well after the seizure. Someone will surely correct me if I am wrong on this point.

I sold my motorcycle on Craigslist couple years ago to a guy who paid $5,000 cash in a stack of $100 bills rather than with a cashiers check or bank note. I asked him what he did for a living and he said he was a police officer. He was a nice guy, but the cynical side of me wondered if his stack of cash came from his precinctā€™s evidence locker.

2 Likes

Brilliant.

Iā€™m pretty sure the affidavit can also be created long after the fact, and conveniently dated to fit within whatever time frame is required by departmental policy.

I notice you didnā€™t mention the receipt. I personally doubt it exists

Here is the ā€œAboutā€ page for the Civilian Complaint Review Board.

The last sentence of the introductory paragraph (Mission and Rules) it is noted that:[quote]The Board forwards its findings to the police commissioner.[/quote]But I havenā€™t yet found any indication that the police commissioner has any obligation to act on the Boardā€™s findings.

Also, you talk a lot like @Glitch and your account is less than a day old.

4 Likes

That might be true if asset forfeiture laws werenā€™t being used to commit robbery.

3 Likes

Donā€™t act that way. Glitch is proud to be Glitch, and would not employ sock puppets. For the record, I often find myself agreeing with him or her, to my chagrin.

8 Likes

To be fair, I am in substantial agreement with what you say.

As long as the topic doesnā€™t involve the Law or outrage-inducing-police-activity, I also find him to be at least as sensible as I am. ā€ 

I accept your rebuke.

ā€  Thatā€™s admittedly a rather low bar, but intended as a back-handed compliment.

6 Likes

Isnā€™t that legal tender?

2 Likes
  • Black guy.

• Money.

• Cop.

• A bleak history of Racism, Corruption and Mistrust.

• A society of apologists whoā€™s racism is often disguised as sophistry but fools no-one.

• ā€˜Letā€™s wait and seeā€™.

• A functionally unchecked continuation of aforementioned bleak history of Racism, Corruption and Mistrust.

9 Likes
  • Profit
3 Likes

I had a

• ???
  • Profit

ā€¦in there originally but Iā€™ve recently been asked to dial down the snark and on analysis, found I was sorta knee-jerking right to the waterfall.

Expect more cogent and specific sarcasm from me in the future, is what Iā€™m saying. :smiley:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.