Video, someone strapped a submachine gun on a $3,000 AliExpress robot dog and it's damn scary

Safety? That’s job… five? six? It’s somewhere in the top 20. /sarcasm

5 Likes

Perhaps, but neither my washing machine or Roomba can walk up stairs.

3 Likes

OH yeah, I have seen enough “sketchy shit in Russia” videos to know that they just don’t seem to give a fuck about safety or life in general. :confused:

They still have people mining asbestos and claiming it doesn’t cause lung cancer!

3 Likes

And now the ads on this thread are from Aliexpress…

6 Likes

Please don’t give my neighbor any ideas.

mad gran torino GIF

2 Likes

You think that’s a Russian problem? That happens every day in the US, several times a day.

11 Likes

i think my strategy would be to just try to stay behind that thing until the clip is empty. it can’t reload, can it?

1 Like

Or a garage door opener!

o3aQZde

7 Likes

Horrifying on several levels, yet I can’t help but think if they had something like this in Uvalde we’d have several more living children. So I’m torn.

1 Like

Given AI’s ability (or lack thereof) to recognize faces, an armed robotic dog would probably have killed more people than the shooter did.

15 Likes

Yeah, but they would still need a human to help it reload…for now.

1 Like

Really looking forward to the “Only a good guy with an autonomous robo-dog strapped with a machine gun can stop a bad guy with an autonomous robo-dog strapped with a machine gun” arguments.

=/

12 Likes

It might work better as an ‘ambusher’.

Move under cover darkness or before enemy troops are in the area. Assuming that you can find usable terrain/objects you could park this in tight spaces that not many humans could fit in — places that a soldier ‘on patrol’ might not think to check when visually inspecting the area around them.

If done like this, they might only hear the clacky fee when the Janky Kill Bots™ ‘pull back’ to hiding area for later collection.

2 Likes

No. Just, no. No for chrissakes. No.
Who even does this?

Not a chance. Besides, it’s not like that thing would be able to open the damn door.

7 Likes

It doesn’t look like it’s even trying to respond to recoil (except adjusting its stance long after the fact) - I’m guessing a lot more could be done in software to improve that… which is a disturbing thought.

2 Likes

This ain’t no doggun good at all…

5 Likes

“They sent a slamhound on Turner’s trail in New Delhi, slotted it to his pheromones and the color of his hair.”
— William Gibson, Count Zero

9 Likes

Obligs

If this robot can monitor its motor currents and force sensors (if it has any) I wonder if it could detect it is being used in such a manner as this (i.e., shooting a gun or rifle) and then have it immediately power down/disable itself after the first shot. Has this guy not read Asimov?