Video tour of Buffalo Bill's house

Originally published at: Video tour of Buffalo Bill's house | Boing Boing

3 Likes

10 Likes

I know from the OP that the well isn’t there but if it was I am imaging how it would be described in real estate speak.

Rustic sunken circular guest room with dumbwaiter will be the centerpiece of this charming…

5 Likes

Is there any chance that we don’t keep publicize this really unpleasant bit transphobic writing?

3 Likes

Location Location LOCATION!

4 Likes
3 Likes

More like a tour of the house before Buffalo Bill moved in. I am dismayed with the lack of gloom, hoarding clutter, and roaming examples of Mr Acherontia Styx.

Thanks for posting and I think the underlying premise that trans women have been demonized systemically in ‘pop culture media’ is incredibly destructive to trans women and men alike.

I believe ContraPoints presentations of these ideas is more ‘engaging’, (a useful political strategy to getting a message out beyond your base), and deeper in the analysis.

Unfortunately the ‘snark and eye-rolling’ in Lindsay’s videos distracts from the ideas. The presentation of cis men vomiting on seeing a penis at best is just a bunch of clips without any meaningful commentary… how pop culture identified this as a trope and then what it means. When Family Guy has this trope re-presented with a dog vomiting for 90sec around a mistaken sexual encounter with a trans person I would feel this is an inversion of the trope ‘eye-roll’

Eye rolls never help an argument… sorry

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.