Violent man goes bananas over fruit stand (video)

Originally published at: Violent man goes bananas over fruit stand (video) | Boing Boing

7 Likes

How can we start a GoFundMe for the people whose livelihood this piece of garbage has temporarily stolen from them?

16 Likes

It turns out that there was no money in going bananas on the stand.

16 Likes

"Violent man goes bananas. . . "

Just look at him.

23 Likes

Cowardly MAGA bully.

19 Likes

It’s almost like the gentleman doesn’t understand that his ancestors were immigrants.

11 Likes

Why does he hate capitalism?

16 Likes

The money for damages and lost revenue should come from the asshole who did the damage, on top of a really heavy fine.

12 Likes

Season 6 Dunce GIF by ABC Network

4 Likes

Aren’t there legal options like the judge also issuing a restitution order against the felon when he’s convicted?

4 Likes

That’s what I was getting at. I would like to think that the law makes provision for that.

4 Likes

WTF? At first I assumed he was intoxicated, but it looks more like he was just a bigot.

5 Likes

There’s a big problem in areas like Los Angeles for Latino street food vendors, too. Folks destroying their stands and food claiming they don’t have permits when they actually do.

5 Likes

Even if they don’t have a permit, I’m at a loss as to where these people get off destroying people’s property like that. I don’t advocate calling the police (obviously), but that doesn’t mean I support people going vigilante on some random sidewalk seller. If the vendor was on the bigot’s property, I could understand confronting them, but even there, assault shouldn’t be on the list of options. (Do I really need to even say that?!?)

12 Likes

Another “white” person who’s actually pink.

1 Like

Oh, there’s a TikTok/Instagram video out there of a white business owner going off on a vendor and claiming that the easement in front of a sidewalk in a strip mall is “her” property, like she owns the whole strip mall and has the right to decide what’s city property and what’s not. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

And also…

3 Likes

I’ve seen a similar video of a guy holding some sort of protest sign on a store plaza’s easment and like a half dozen cops being summoned to try to get him to leave. Possibly that was here on Boingboing?

2 Likes

I’m not sure, because the one I’m thinking of is simply a crazy white woman yelling at a few Latino businesspeople trying to explain to her that she’s not part of the Zoning Committee.

2 Likes

cwaa

2 Likes