Virginia appeals court overturns anti-trans bathroom rule, could North Carolina fall next?

Joseph Mitchell wrote quite lovingly about McSorley’s of old (IIRC in “Up in the Old Hotel”, and presumably in McSorley’s Wonderful Saloon, which I don’t think I read). That’s a fine establishment to have as your campus bar!

1 Like

Remember, more Republican politicians have been arrested for lewd conduct in public restrooms than transgendered people.

10 Likes

Nice to see the world calling out American Extremism.

9 Likes

I DEMAND SEPARATE BATHROOMS FOR REPUBLICAN POLITICIANS!!!

(you know, to keep those perverts away from us decent people)

9 Likes

You know, on a recent trip, we stopped at a rest area off the highway - I can’t remember which state - and the building had 4 bathrooms, two for men and two for women. It was a great teaching moment about the legacy of segregation in the south.

5 Likes

Wow. Just wow. There are a lot of things that, depending on where you grew up, you just did or didn’t see. I’m going to triple down now, and say that, where this set up exists, they could have “men’s”, “women’s”, “anygender”, and the sleazy 4th bathroom for republican politicians.

1 Like

Well white men are a problem and maybe we should keep them away from the rest of the civilized world?

1 Like

Mod note: Stay on topic

given it was in a southern state and the apparent age of the build, I’m fairly certain it was from the days of segregation.

Dylan Thomas died after drinking at the White Horse Tavern, not McSorley’s. He expired at St. Vincent’s.

Are you implying my memory of offhand comments I heard thirty years ago could be imperfect? The insolence!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.