“The resolution addresses five specific issues:
- Expand VDH’s Office of Health Equity to be the primary watchdog for ensuring policies addressing racism are implemented;
- Make the Commission to Examine Racial Ineuity in Virginia Law permanent;
- Establish training for all state elected officials, their staff members and state employees on recognizing racism;
- Create a list of definitions and terms on racism and health equity; and
- Promote community engagement across the state on recognizing racism.
The vote is significant for happening in a state historically linked earlier to the Confederacy and Jim Crow laws, and later by the Massive Resistance against the desegregation of Virginia’s public schools.”
Signed by a guy who wore Blackface. Wow. Progress can happen kids.