Vivienne Westwood drives a tank to David Cameron's house

###From the article

###From the US Geological Survey

3 Likes

Tanks can be equipped with rubber treads or tread covers for riding on roads. Otherwise they’d have to re-pave every time there was a military parade.

2 Likes

Why does this video of rural England conclude with a pleasant view of the San Francisco skyline from The Mission’s Dolores Park?

3 Likes

That’s a sandwich if I ever saw one.

In vastly higher quality, too.

Bad parenting?

7 Likes

At this other unrelated British tank protest, “Police have said it was legal to drive a tank in the street provided the driver had the appropriate licence and insurance.” (That one looks like it has rubber treads too.)

1 Like

She’s not driving the tank. She’s riding on it.

2 Likes

So… this is a tank but the tanks the police have in St Louis aren’t tanks. Got it.

1 Like

This is the same Vivienne Westwood who doesn’t pay tax by having a Luxembourg corporation “license” her her to use her own name ?

This is a publicity stunt by someone trying to sell dresses, not a political protest.

The turret looks like it is from a Scorpion but the chassis…perhaps a FV432? Also with rubber inserts on the treads…Which are pretty common these days since they both reduce wear on the roads AND are cheaper to replace than the metal parts of the treads…

1 Like

even one percenters like Vivienne Westwood have to use cheaper substitutes of the real thing? a shame, I blame Corbyn.

Not sure that this combo would be cheaper than a Scorpion, but it sure would carry more passengers…

Do the St. Louis police vehicles have turrents and main guns?

They don’t need them to be called tanks. The scorpion is defined as a Light Reconnaissance Vehicle. We can call them tanks because, its what they are. Just like the ones the cops have are tanks.

tanks, tank, tanks. They are tanks. Tankety tankee tank.

Taxonomies are useful; I don’t know why you want to muddy them by calling everything with treads and a military appearance a tank. You don’t need to exaggerate or misprepresent what American police forces are doing with surplus military equipment because it’s plenty bad enough as is without giving copologists argument ammo. Look how every discussion about “assault rifles” derails into nitpicking that could have been avoided by not using the term as a catch-all for “mean-looking gun” to begin with.

(The Scorpion is both a Light Reconnaissance Vehicle and a tank. And a mouthwash, and a floorwax.)

They came for my words and I said nothing.

1 Like

Does she sell tank tops?

3 Likes

Young Vivienne could have pulled off “Tank Girl”

1 Like

Having a tank at her disposal and not trying out the tank girl look is what I’d consider a crime! :smiley:

2 Likes